Lewis Cook

The thing is, with the PL the way it is, there are realistically only 6 trams he can go to, to better himself away from DC...

You'd like to think he's sensible enough to realise that, and at the moment, he is never gonna play week in week out for any of those top 6 teams... More likely to be shipped out on loan...

Hopefully Eddie will chat to him and convince him he needs another year here... But... Money talks with these players... If he gets offered £60/70k a week at Arsenal, for example, is he gonna turn that down...?

Keeping hold of Ake and L.Cook will be an absolute statement as to where this club is heading... Lose them and we need some huge gaps filling

It's a year early. Needs another season starting every week and polishing off elements of his game such as decision making and off the ball positioning. Traits that only come with experience.

Given another season, he'll be ready to move onto a top 6 club no question. But moving now would do more harm than good to him. Give him a deserved pay rise contract to reflect his status as one of our best players, and a gentleman's agreement that if the right offer comes in next summer we'll talk.

Agree about next year (more worried about Ake), but not necessarily to a top 6 club. Everton, Newcastle, even Leicester and possibly Watford would probably offer more in wages. We might be just about as competitive on the pitch as those clubs currently, but not off it. Depends if the new lot buy into Eddie's loyalty mentality.

He must be getting peed off running his **************** off every week in a midfield 2, he cannot get on the ball and use his passing so much..

if I was him, or ake, I'd go if a good club/manager made an approach

if I was him, or ake, I'd go if a good club/manager made an approach

You say this but it depends on how much football they want to play...???

Here, they are both nailed on to play every game if fit... Will they get that from Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal...?

That leaves Everton and Big Sam, Burnley possibly or Newcastle... The only club I can see would be Toon, and they will never have the millions needed to afford either...

Sounds like both ake and L Cook had a lot of choices but wanted to come to Afcb to develop under Eddie. Both seem sensible people with a good attitude and are ambitious. Ake has already had enough of sitting on the bench for a top 6 team and you can’t develop without first team opportunities. Thus I would be very surprised if either left next season but would be amazed if both were with us the season after (not that I have any inside knowledge!!)

Teams like Newcastle, West Ham, Leicester, even Watford and Burnley might well beat us to the signing of new players. There is pretty much zero chance they could poach a player from us who we didn’t want to sell.

I had that same thought. Who are the contenders?

Jordan Henderson, Eric Dier and Dele Alli all seem on the plane already. After that Lewis is probably at the back of a big pack but it isn't impossible.

I suspect it will be Wilshere though. I'm not sure how many will make it.

Haven't watched enough to know the system he's likely to use. Two deep sitting midfielders? If so he's going to name at least 4 of those, wouldn't count Dele in that selection as he's more of a number 10?

Squad of 23. 3 x GK so 20 left. Squad for Euro 16 had 6 forwards 8 defenders and 6 midfielders? He must be in with a shout.

Hope he makes it, not least because I put £20 on it back in Feb at 12/1 (think someone else on here called that out?)......Reason for the odds shortening since last week is probably down to Oxlade-Chamberlain being ruled out through injury

;