Lewis Cook

Looked a bad twist initialy, but he seemed upset at being taken off, might have been taking a breather but understand no chances being taken. Think he'll be fine, more worried about Cookie who fell over his own feet and didn't like his ankle much
Mings was on the pitch at the end, no support on his knee so hopefully nothing awful

I agree, excellent man management. Early on Eddie was undoubtedly saying to Lewis that he needed to be patient, work his way in and manage his progress. That has worked and Lewis finds himself one of the first names on the team sheet. So when Lewis is told he is one the World Cup list Eddie's response is to say "brilliant, but now we've come all this way together let's not risk an injury at Burnley."

So now Lewis is even more convinced that patience has paid off and that Eddie is concerned with his, Lewis's career development. Makes it far less likely that his head might be turned by an offer this summer. Good luck to him if he goes to a top, top club in a year or two.

Won't do any harm to our prospects of recruiting other rising stars either.

Changing tack, it will be interesting to see if Lewis has been preferred over Jack Wilshere.

The best piece of business we'll do all summer. Getting this announced early should hopefully send out a message to any prospective new signings that we are still looking to progress

That length of contract immediately increases his sale value. Not that I want him to be sold, but it keeps the vultures just that little further at arms length away.

two things:
1. The pitch in the background is maybe a week old. It's all re-marked at the minute. So this (and other?) deal was done before today. Perhaps the Boruc one too? Meaning more might have been done and we are "managing" the media?

2. My favourite time of year is "Photos of Neil Blake not quite smiling in black knitted shirts". I hope he gets a bulk discount!

best signing we will have for years to come ! Lewis cook is outstanding !
well done Eddie, keep up the good work .
well done Lewis for sticking around, any new signings will see this as a massive plus !
think this will be our most exciting transfer window to date ! utciad

Brilliant. A great endorsement and strong message to any other young stars that AFCB is the place to develop. I hope certain Mr. Tierney is listening...

;