Lewis Cook

It’s clear from the clips Cook has already played a lot of senior football for his age. His anticipation and positioning is streets ahead of his opponents. This is how he gets the space in these games. It’s a lot harder to do against seasoned PL players.

The thing is, Villa asked for £40 million for Grealish but would have accepted £25 million apparently. Levy played his usual delaying game to try and drive the price down but unfortunately for him it may have backfired this time as Villa got more financial backing and now say that isn't enough anymore.

So they can link themselves with Lewis Cook at £30 million all they want, I think it would take a heck of a lot more than that for the secretary to even put the fax through in the management inbox.

Time is now against them, not us. Whilst we're being held to ransom for a young Championship defender because he's secure on a long contract, we'll naturally do the same with a genuine proven PL class young English midfielder.

It needs a blow us out of the water kind of bid to get our interest now and that's so far from the Spurs style it won't happen.

The next two windows could be interesting but nothing's happening with Cook over the next 24 hours that we need to be worried about.

...Lewis Cook will have a great season alongside Lerma hopefully...can't see us surviving with the Gosling/Surman soft underbelly midfield?

...would be great to kill off a West HAm side still get used to each other in terms of team and manager, they looked pretty dis-jointed v Liverpool!

I thought he played extremely well last night in the 0-0 Draw v Hollland.

According to this morning’s papers, it was Lewis, as Captain, that pleaded to Boothroyd that England changed from 3 at the back to conventional 4 at back.

He then played a very similar role to the Surman, but much quicker and more adventuresome in his passing. (Some passes even went forwards. ). Hopefully that will soon be his role for us.

I watched until about 60 minutes, flicking between it and Wales. He looked alright to me, very deep, sometimes frustrated at lack of movement ahead of him, but pinged a few superb cross field balls

I thought he played extremely well last night in the 0-0 Draw v Hollland.

According to this morning’s papers, it was Lewis, as Captain, that pleaded to Boothroyd that England changed from 3 at the back to conventional 4 at back.

He then played a very similar role to the Surman, but much quicker and more adventuresome in his passing. (Some passes even went forwards. ). Hopefully that will soon be his role for us.

Mail states “cook screeched at the bench” to make the change in formation

Talk sport yesterday banging on about Lerma keeping him out the side and how it’s wrong if a club like Bournemouth won’t play the England u21 captain because of an expensive foreign import.

You think they would have researched there is another Englishman also keeping him out the side.

It's a tricky one, the whole Lerma/Cook/Brookes thing.

We suddenly have an amazing wealth of talent that you can't all play at once (See Gerard, Lampard etc. passim.)

Strange days indeed.

I can see Cook especially getting the right hump, I hope I'm wrong though.

It's a tricky one, the whole Lerma/Cook/Brookes thing.

We suddenly have an amazing wealth of talent that you can't all play at once (See Gerard, Lampard etc. passim.)

Strange days indeed.

I can see Cook especially getting the right hump, I hope I'm wrong though.

It will be sad if Lewis does get the hump although we have Blackburn in the EFL Cup coming up plus home and away U23 games against Liverpool Burnley and West Brom over the next few months for Eddie to juggle with.

Talk sport yesterday banging on about Lerma keeping him out the side and how it’s wrong if a club like Bournemouth won’t play the England u21 captain because of an expensive foreign import.

You think they would have researched there is another Englishman also keeping him out the side.

Why should we play less foreigners than other teams, also he didn't even got on the pitch in the last U21 game. That all said I don't expect talksport to know anything, it wasn't that idiot who promised to jump off the pier was it?

As for his attitude, I've seen nothing to make me think he'd get the hump, he know he'd get a break when he got back from summer and he's seen Arter go out, that alone sends a huge message about how confident EH is in him. Certain he'll get 24 appearances this season

;