Lewis Cook

It seems Surman is getting stick again, Cook doesn't play in the same position as Surman. I would say Lerma has taken Cook's position and with the wee man playing the role he is these days there is no place for Cook. Supporters think that because Cook plays for the English U21s he should be in our team every week. He will get his chance against Blackburn and will need to show he is worthy a place in the first team.
Its hard to get the right balance in any system. In our 4-4-2, both Brooks and Fraser play narrow. In reality its more of a 4-2-2-2. I can kind of see that Brooks and Fraser play in the space that Cook would like to drive forward into.

Cook will find a place regardless. He's played a deeper role for England U21. He has the range of passing to be our 'quarterback'. I'm thinking of that pass v Burnley for Stanislas goal a couple of years ago.

To me it’s back to the ‘favourites’ issue.

In previous seasons Surman, Wilson and Franno have had large runs of games where they have contributed little, made errors and Eddie has realised their worth by allowing themselves to play their way back into form in the first team.

Meanwhile...Cook gets dropped for not being as good as Gosling and Surman in one, maybe two pre season friendlies. After the season he had last year...

Madness.

We are allowed to question Eddie Howe aren’t we?...he can’t be immune from criticism?
The Lewis Cook thing is puzzling tbh...but more of a riddle is why Surman?...this is only my opinion though!

Do people not realise that there is a multitude of roles within a role for CM, Surman and Cook are very different Midfielders as is Gosling and Lerma.

Yesterday with 4 very attacking players (2 strikers and both wingers), Howe opted for a more defensive based CM which Surman and Lerma are more suited to than Cook.

Cook will get his chance when the time is right and is a very cool player. Trust Eddie and his tactics. What may look odd to us on the outside will be for very, very good reasons.

Do people not realise that there is a multitude of roles within a role for CM, Surman and Cook are very different Midfielders as is Gosling and Lerma.

Yesterday with 4 very attacking players (2 strikers and both wingers), Howe opted for a more defensive based CM which Surman and Lerma are more suited to than Cook.

Cook will get his chance when the time is right and is a very cool player. Trust Eddie and his tactics. What may look odd to us on the outside will be for very, very good reasons.
What about the other five games

We are allowed to question Eddie Howe aren’t we?...he can’t be immune from criticism?
The Lewis Cook thing is puzzling tbh...but more of a riddle is why Surman?...this is only my opinion though!

Of course you are and no he’s not.

But equally people are also allowed to actually see the reasoning behind such decisions...

Lewis Cook will most likely be starting against Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday.

Let’s see how he performs in that game and if he has a blinder, see what team Eddie picks against Palace.

Reactions: DJ

;