Lewis Cook

I'm sure most of us think the future of the midfield should be Lewis and Jeff. I am surprised Lewis didn't start today with Gosling being unfit. However, as others have said, Eddie sees him in training and for whatever reason, hasn't started him for a reason. As we've seen so far, we are playing slightly differently to last year, so I am assuming it's a tactical reason.
I don't like the comments about Lewis wanting to get away though, I have watched a few of the afcb website videos and he looks quite happy. Obviously Eddie talks to all his players, all the time and I'm 100% certain Lewis will be fully involved in the plans.

It should be win/win - if we continue picking up points without Cook in the side then there's no problem. If we start losing then he will get his chance.

Eddie has previous form with this though. We went on an horrendous run before and he still didn’t get sniff. It was the same when Ake first came. There might be a masterplan off the pitch which all makes perfect sense but it can lead to frustration from a fan’s perspective.

Yes, but by its very nature when you nurture talent you bring it on slowly and carefully. Brooks is very talented but I would expect EH to give him a rest fairly soon.
He done that last season with Cook,give Cook a few games and he will be back to his best I reckon

Does nobody consider the fact that having played so well last season and then seeing Gosling and Surman start ahead of him his confidence dip might have effected his performance v MK Dons.

A management teams job is to nurture talent. Seeing as we all agree that Lewis has more than most it worries me we are not nurturing him. I will take this all back if we find out he has been on the razz or gobbing off at Eddie but I think we all know this is unlikely as well.

The counter argument for that is taking a player out of form and confidence out of the firing line is nurturing him...

Lewis Cook was packed off for his summer holiday early by EH, something suggests Lewis Cook has not come back from holiday firing on all cylinders. EH see's training, the majority don't. We have to trust EH on this one.

But isn't he saying that caused his loss of confidence,dropping him

His lack of form is why he was dropped.

Some players get dropped and use that as a catalyst to find their very best form.

If Cook has been dropped and then lost confidence, then it shows something in his character that he needs to work on.

It’s not a reason to play him regardless of form.

Reactions: drd
Lewis Cook was packed off for his summer holiday early by EH, something suggests Lewis Cook has not come back from holiday firing on all cylinders. EH see's training, the majority don't. We have to trust EH on this one.

But not trust him on Franno?

Either managers are right 100% of the time because they see training in which case none of us can ever question anything or we are allowed to question it.

Some players get dropped and use that as a catalyst to find their very best form.

If Cook has been dropped and then lost confidence, then it shows something in his character that he needs to work on.

he hasn't started a premier league game this season so where does the lack of form come from,for him to be dropped

Can I just ask, has anyone actually said he's low on confidence?? Just it's been mentioned here a couple of times, but unless it's been said by him or someone close to him, I don't want it to start to become one of those things that we say enough times and start to believe it, whether there's any truth in it or not

Reactions: DJ
I don't think this is anything to do with the form or playing side of Lewis!
It's something about his profile and relationship with other players and Eddie. Ive just got this feeling that he might not fit in for whatever reason. Something about the Harry Arter situation seems to resonate alongside it and maybe the England sideshow? In all the photos and on film he has what I perceive as a ' distant' aura and not looking too happy, Hope I'm wrong and he suddenly comes alive and kicking into the Afcb spirit!

I don't think this is anything to do with the form or playing side of Lewis!
It's something about his profile and relationship with other players and Eddie. Ive just got this feeling that he might not fit in for whatever reason. Something about the Harry Arter situation seems to resonate alongside it and maybe the England sideshow? In all the photos and on film he has what I perceive as a ' distant' aura and not looking too happy, Hope I'm wrong and he suddenly comes alive and kicking into the Afcb spirit!

If that’s the case I’m sure he would have been pushing for a move and not signed a contract

It seems Surman is getting stick again, Cook doesn't play in the same position as Surman. I would say Lerma has taken Cook's position and with the wee man playing the role he is these days there is no place for Cook. Supporters think that because Cook plays for the English U21s he should be in our team every week. He will get his chance against Blackburn and will need to show he is worthy a place in the first team.

;