Lewis Cook

...back to Lewis Cook though and thought he was solid and was always looking for that ball that would split defenders. Gosling coming on did improve what was looking like a soft centre in the midfield and he made a huge difference in our getting the ball back, because at some periods we just couldn't hold on to the ball and Palace were pressing us hard...

...back to Lewis Cook though and thought he was solid and was always looking for that ball that would split defenders. Gosling coming on did improve what was looking like a soft centre in the midfield and he made a huge difference in our getting the ball back, because at some periods we just couldn't hold on to the ball and Palace were pressing us hard...

Gosling made a massive difference when he came on. Allowed us to push Palace back and keep possession Cook did some good stuff and there is more to come.

Thought Lewis was a 7/10 last night, so very good things and some that were less so, probably a sign of it being his first start. I think him and Jeff is the future in a four man midfield but think Gosling could be added for the trickier away trips.

Our line up at the end of the game should be our team vs Watford
maybe Rico for Smith, as Watford are a big team and will be playing the high ball.

i think last night not having a left footed player, meant that everyone just kept cutting in, second half I think daniels and/or Rico was missed

Admittedly he's only had three appearances this season and the kids who've come in in midfield have all been playing regularly, playing well, and making contributions to their teams

However, I'm still a little disappointed he's been overlooked again. Especially with Southgate saying that he's an injury crisis in midfield, just the way he words that it's as if Loftus-Cheek and Delph and first names on the teamsheet

Mens Squad:
Goalkeepers
Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Alex McCarthy (Southampton), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders
Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), James Tarkowski (Burnley), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders
Ross Barkley (Chelsea), Nathaniel Chalobah (Watford), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (on loan at Derby County from Chelsea), Harry Winks (Tottenham Hotspur)

Forwards
Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), James Maddison (Leicester City), Marcus Rashford, (Manchester United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)

We will have to start playing Lewis Cook more often, not only to benefit our performances on the pitch but to improve our chances on holding onto him. He will start to wonder why players like Harry Winks and Eric Dier are getting picked over him. He will then come to the conclusion that it is because he doesn't play for a top 6 club, then he will want to leave.

It's on BT Sport. Is playing the deeper midfield role which is where I thought he was in the set up. I can see us setting up the same with Jeff further forward. Interesting :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

I think Eddie asked him not to try and do too much, so his creativity may have been stifled somewhat.

At least he retains possession better than Gosling, and does have a much better footballing brain.

Just seems a shame that the manager is perhaps asking him to refrain from any flair crossfield balls.

Nobody played particularly well today, but he was ok for me.

You would think as many have said on here before that Lewis would thrive with someone like Lerma alongside him but it doesn't seem to matter who he plays with...he's just an average player ....does nothing Surman doesn't do.....any talk of England is laughable sadly.

You would think as many have said on here before that Lewis would thrive with someone like Lerma alongside him but it doesn't seem to matter who he plays with...he's just an average player ....does nothing Surman doesn't do.....any talk of England is laughable sadly.

For gods sake he is a young player in only his second season playing regularly in the top league.
I love how people on here write players off after one average game.
It was a poor team performance today,a lot of players had off days.

;