Lewis Cook

I am puzzled as to why you are being so caustic and confrontational. I have made a valid and reasonable point. If anybody else had made exactly the same word for word comment you would not have retorted. So it which case you are being personal against me It should be you that should enrol on the Echo as that form is full of people like you who wish to cause confrontation for no justifiable and apparent reason.

With all due respect Smhinto I’ve seen your posts on the echo site regularly and if anyone wants confrontation from posts it’s you.

Anyway this is all getting off topic. Move on.

Basically we just have to get on with who we have available.

In our 15 games so far L Cook has started in 8 and been sub. 5 times.

If we're playing Surman and Lema maybe we should give Lerma the free attacking role. He found the net against Arsenal ;)

He also had a cracking effort against the post so he's not afraid to shoot

Hyndman's loan at Hibernian expires on January 1st and Neil Lennon spoke about potentially extending the deal.

I reckon we should keep him for the second-half of the season but I'm not sure how much Eddie rates him tbh?

Hyndman's loan at Hibernian expires on January 1st and Neil Lennon spoke about potentially extending the deal.

I reckon we should keep him for the second-half of the season but I'm not sure how much Eddie rates him tbh?

At this point in time we have no choice but to recall I'd say. Stick him in the FA cup 3rd round game, see how he's progressed, and see if he can be a realistic option for us.

I think EH will want to get the Gosling situation sorted out before he makes any moves. If Dan's injury is a short term one he may no do much in the window, if longer term then he will have too.

talking of players out on loan what happened to Brad Smith. His loan at Seattle expired at the end of the MLS season a month or so back.

I reckon Hyndman could crack it....being from over the Pond he would be up for it with 100%. Might take 2 or 3 games to adjust to the speed of the PL...he has certainly got some skills from the clips I've seen!

We have 3 PL midfield starters as we stand in Lerma...Surman and Gosling...the second half of last season we used 3 midfielders Cook....Surman and Gosling.....we were ok then...we're ok now.

We were *ok*.....but we now want to get better than *ok*.....so we would need to add a player or two in January either way now.

In case you were unaware AFCB compete in the Premier League Cup. At the moment we are top of our group having just got a draw against Liverpools U21 side and having beaten both Burnley and WBA.
https://www.premierleague.com/tables?team=U21&co=9&se=228
they also play regular fixtures in the central league and the Hampshire Cup.
I would suggest that if we can get a draw away against Liverpools top youngsters then some of our lads are pretty good.

Agreed. However, the Premier League Cup and central League fixtures do not come around very often. There need to be a regular fixture list for our squad players. Hence, the reason why our squad players look rusty when called upon.

With all due respect Smhinto I’ve seen your posts on the echo site regularly and if anyone wants confrontation from posts it’s you.

Anyway this is all getting off topic. Move on.

No I do not seek confrontation. I merely post my views as we are all entitled to do. The problem is that the Echo posters in particular have too many red spectacle brigade members who will not accept anything derogatory said about the club even though it may well be true.

Agreed. However, the Premier League Cup and central League fixtures do not come around very often. There need to be a regular fixture list for our squad players. Hence, the reason why our squad players look rusty when called upon.

I actually don't think our squad players do look rusty when they play. Mings had a great game at Man City, Pugh has done well enough when called on as has Surman. Others such as Defoe and Moussett it is hard to judge as they have not played enough minutes to form an opinion.

;