Lewis Cook

I actually don't think our squad players do look rusty when they play. Mings had a great game at Man City, Pugh has done well enough when called on as has Surman. Others such as Defoe and Moussett it is hard to judge as they have not played enough minutes to form an opinion.

Yep, none of them have looked rusty, if anything they come in and play better as they have a point to prove

I actually don't think our squad players do look rusty when they play. Mings had a great game at Man City, Pugh has done well enough when called on as has Surman. Others such as Defoe and Moussett it is hard to judge as they have not played enough minutes to form an opinion.

Agreed. Mings did have a good game as have others. But when one has not played regularly and then one is thrusted into a number of games, fatigue will take it toll.

The problem is, if you look hard enough you’ll always find an excuse never to play a youngster. The only way someone is going to gain experience or sharpness is by playing in the PL.

Some players are obviously supremely talented at 17 and get in the first team straight away. That is a rarity. Most players get their break through chance - often an injury crisis. It’s up to them to grasp that opportunity. Rashford would likely still be in Man Utd U23 had they not had had a shortage of strikers a few years ago.

We were *ok*.....but we now want to get better than *ok*.....so we would need to add a player or two in January either way now.
I agree....we obviously need a player of a similar quality to Lerma to play alongside him....if we can get that done in January happy days but we might not be able to find one until the summer.

No I do not seek confrontation. I merely post my views as we are all entitled to do. The problem is that the Echo posters in particular have too many red spectacle brigade members who will not accept anything derogatory said about the club even though it may well be true.
Herein lies the problem Smhinto... its not that they "will not accept anything derogatory" but rather our refusal to accept everything derogatory..... why not stick on a pair those red spectacles once in a while......:love:

Incredible to see the movement that be already following his operation.

I have no idea if this is what’s to be expected or not at this level. But I found it impressive nonetheless.

I have no idea if this is what’s to be expected or not at this level. But I found it impressive nonetheless.

I think the one good thing to come out of this is the backroom staff will know what to expect after Callum's injuries and no doubt Callum is giving Lewis advice when he needs it.

Anyone else read this in a pirate voice?

Agreed on how impressive the effort going in to recovery is though. Cook has always struck me as an incredibly dedicated pro - Really hoping me comes back stronger.

Well he hasn't put on 30 lbs. That's a good thing!
We've definitely missed his contributions, particularly in the 2nd half of the season.

;