Lewis Cook

I thought we paid £10m for him. Around £15M-£20M and would definitely sell.

Normally I'd sooner have youth over experience but if it could pay for getting Wilshere on board it's a no brainer.

Clubs will use 'the current climate' like a smokescreen but that lot aren't in danger of relegation. Therefore full price and value please. Nothing less.

In the January window with the selling team pushing for promotion 9m is an absolute joke. No way we'd entertain it at that price and certainly not now when Lewis has finally managed to become one of the first names on the team sheet. In the Summer would be a different matter but 9m in January with the disruption it would cause to our promotion prospects, no way.

The price is about right in this Covid Climate..if we paid 10mill then we should at the least, break even.

But that's not the point...bloody Saints ? is the point !!!....

But then ..that's not the main point either..

Does this club WANT to prosper....because such a transfer Derails anything we are about...a new manager rebuilding and challenging for a quick return to the big league..with this player much vaunted as technically gifted ...and certainly showing up to be more than adequate for a top of Championship push!
Surely this cannot be more than Window Hype ?

Sell Lewis Cook for 10m.....sign Barry Bannon and Wilshere for next to nothing......also gives us the chance to blood in players like Gavin Kilkenny.......good business imo.

If i was Lewis id be gone like a shot wouldnt you??
Maybe for double the price in the summer if we don't get promoted. That would be a good move for Lewis, a progressive club that could win something, unfortunately, you can't say that about us at the moment!

Saints are a club that could win something? Yeah their trophy cabinet is absolutely bursting at the seams. :LOL:
In our time in the PL we had at least two chances to put them within a hair of a serious relegation scrap, so it's hardly a major step up is it ? It will come down to wages in the end but I don't think we'd even discuss selling him until the summer and by then the wages gap could be insignificant if he can help us to promotion.
As others have intimated, I have no doubt that Southampton are interested in him ( as are other PL clubs for that matter ) but whether or not that interest results in a concrete bid in January which we would then consider for a nanosecond is a whole other matter !

;