Lewis Cook

In our time in the PL we had at least two chances to put them within a hair of a serious relegation scrap, so it's hardly a major step up is it ? It will come down to wages in the end but I don't think we'd even discuss selling him until the summer and by then the wages gap could be insignificant if he can help us to promotion.
As others have intimated, I have no doubt that Southampton are interested in him ( as are other PL clubs for that matter ) but whether or not that interest results in a concrete bid in January which we would then consider for a nanosecond is a whole other matter !

He'd go to them because they are the better prospect atm in terms of money and level of football. Same reason he came to us. Nothing to do with the club showing ambition off the pitch with a larger stadium. He left Leeds for AFCB in his last move.

In the January window with the selling team pushing for promotion 9m is an absolute joke. No way we'd entertain it at that price and certainly not now when Lewis has finally managed to become one of the first names on the team sheet. In the Summer would be a different matter but 9m in January with the disruption it would cause to our promotion prospects, no way.

Just my view of course, but I don’t think their kit does him any favours at all .... :grinning:

069E17EA-FA1A-4E81-943D-6EE85E170506.jpeg

Has been good this season. We paid £10mil for him. Should be looking for at least £20mil if we were to sell. Saints have the money, make them spend it.

progressive club? one that can't keep hold of half decent players or managers?
Last time I looked they were at the top end of the premier league and we were in the championship and don't get me started on the other differences between our two clubs.

Pretty good example tbf. They built a new ground, got relegated then went bust.
I've told you I don't like getting involved in talking about the stadium issue with you because of your arrogant attitude, so try to ignore me then, as I do successfully with you. I think you're a bloody idiot who can't see the wood for the trees and can't wait to see us back in league 1. Anyway, it was the club that brought the subject of a new stadium up, I would have been quite happy with an increase in capacity, as they suggested to start with.

I've told you I don't like getting involved in talking about the stadium issue with you because of your arrogant attitude, so try to ignore me then, as I do successfully with you. I think you're a bloody idiot who can't see the wood for the trees and can't wait to see us back in league 1. Anyway, it was the club that brought the subject of a new stadium up, I would have been quite happy with an increase in capacity, as they suggested to start with.

I should ignore you like you ignore me? :unsure:

You're always a person who immediately resorts to personal insults, which is not the same as ignoring someone.

Fwiw. I don't want to see us in league 1 and I would love a new stadium. I'm also sorry that the real world isn't the place you think it is and that things have to be paid for if they are to happen.

Your happy example of how a club should be run did build a new ground then loads of people lost a load of money. You seem to be willing for others to lose their cash but unsurprisingly they aren't.

I fear this is going to be psychologically tough for him...this time he knows how long and hard the road to recovery will be for him. I wish him every strength...

Ah man that's horrible news. Such a shame for Lewis, and such a blow to the squad ahead of this massive week.

It took Lewis months of playing time to get back to sharpness once having medically recovered last time. I really fear for the bloke. I wish him all the very best though.

He’s been one of our best players this season, gutted for him. The only small positive is luckily we are blessed with options in central midfield

;