Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

billythekid

UTC Legend
Our referee is Paul Tierney.

Last time we had him was the away defeat at Norwich.

Previously he was referee earlier in the season when we beat Everton and later our defeat at Brighton.

Michael Oliver is on VAR.

The radio pundits are on it bigstyle.... .... " Liverpool back to winning ways in the early kick- off on Saturday v Bournemouth."

Say it quickly guys...B' Miff or .Boh! Make them feel Small. Before they get frisky and get a notion that they are a football team who once upon a time in deep history Trollopsed Chelsea and the Evil Deeny/Watford.

Howe and his limping b@stards to be marched 'at the trot' into Anfield and paraded around the pitch ankles chained together chewing rags. Jubbly!

Somewhere in a sweaty Sky TV gaffe...the Lord Bigschonk - Biggob Thompson to signal the commencement of the slaughter.

Mark of Watford could at least come on here and apologise and rustle up some tips !

Cherries Face A Team Unbeaten At Home In The League

Last Saturday saw AFCB drew for the first time against Chelsea. In an entertaining game for those watching, Chelsea took the lead in the first half with the first of Alonso’s goals, at half-time the score was 0-1. The second half saw the Cherries equalise and then take the lead in a three minute spell, goals from Lerma and King. But a late goal and the second of the game for Alonso broke the Cherries’ players and fans hearts as time moved on it looked like another home win.

Our next opponents and on paper probably our hardest game of the season, is a trip to Anfield to face an unbeaten Liverpool side on their own ground with 14 home wins this season in the league. Since the Cherries last meeting with Liverpool at Anfield in February last year and our game coming this weekend, Liverpool have won all their home league games, which including ours which was the first, a total of 21 wins to date. In the January transfer window they signed forward Takumi Minamino from Red Bull Salzburg,he had a release clause which Liverpool triggered for £7.5 million.

Since we last met Liverpool at Dean Court in December, at home they have beaten and not conceded any goals against Watford 2-0, Wolves 1-0, Sheffield U 2-0, Manchester U 2-0, Saints 4-0. In their last home game they beat West Ham 3-2. Their away record was impressive as well, wins against Leicester 0-4, Spurs 0-1, Wolves 1-2, West Ham 1-2, Norwich 0-1. Then in their last game a shock 3-0 against a Watford side who at the time where in a relegation spot, but after that win Watford moved out of the relegation spot which was filled by AFCB. They then lost in the FA Cup at Stamford Bridge 2-0 against Chelsea, again two matches running failing to score.

The last away meeting (as second para above), our side were beaten 3-0. Our last meeting at Dean Court, Liverpool won 0-3. In all our league games at Anfield, AFCB have W 0, D 1, L 3. In all competitions, AFCB have W 1, D 3, L 12.

Liverpool Team News
On the injury front they will be without Jordan Henderson with a hamstring, Xherdan Shaqiri, calf, Nathaniel Clyne, knee, Yasser Larouci, hamstring. Possible return for Saturday is Naby Keita after being out with a hip injury.

Liverpool Player To Watch
With a good choice to pick from, Mo Salah likes to score against us. He reminds me of his namesake, the late and great Mohammad Ali, in he ‘floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee’. He seems to pop up all over the pitch and the next thing he has the ball in the net. Not only a great player, but seems a gentleman as well. He only gets one or two yellow cards in a season for Liverpool. He is their leading scorer with 15 goals and has 6 assists to his name. By far their leader with assists, is Trent Alexander-Arnold with 12.

AFCB Team News
Usual players still missing through injury. A player who will not be available is Harry Wilson who is on loan from Liverpool and can’t play against his parent club.

AFCB Player To Watch
Josh King, was in the right place at the right time on Saturday to put the ball in the net from Jack Stacey to put the Cherries in the lead. He was also in the right place at Burnley to put the ball in the net, only to have it disallowed. Eddie Howe took him off as a precautionary measure after a spell out with injury.

The radio pundits are on it bigstyle.... .... " Liverpool back to winning ways in the early kick- off on Saturday v Bournemouth."

Say it quickly guys...B' Miff or .Boh! Make them feel Small. Before they get frisky and get a notion that they are a football team who once upon a time in deep history Trollopsed Chelsea and the Evil Deeny/Watford.

Howe and his limping b@stards to be marched 'at the trot' into Anfield and paraded around the pitch ankles chained together chewing rags. Jubbly!

Somewhere in a sweaty Sky TV gaffe...the Lord Bigschonk - Biggob Thompson to signal the commencement of the slaughter.

Mark of Watford could at least come on here and apologise and rustle up some tips !
Bill is back!

We are either going to meet a team low on confidence after away defeats to both Watford and Chelsea or we will get the backlash for those two defeats in front of their own fans this time.

I like to think that things seem to happen in threes.

We are either going to meet a team low on confidence after away defeats to both Watford and Chelsea or we will get the backlash for those two defeats in front of their own fans this time.

I like to think that things seem to happen in threes.

You had better hope that thing happen in fours. They also lost to Atletico Madrid.

I very much doubt Liverpool would be low on confidence after 2 away defeats, having previously won 19 (I think) straight through... Also, the team last night v Chelsea was not a full strength side, albeit still a good one.

I take nothing from the last 2 games other than Liverpool are not playing to the best right now... Is it they are really missing Henderson that much? Who knows but Salah is off form and we're seeing sloppy mistakes at the back.

My only hope is that we don't try to park the bus as we simply are not good enough to do that against quality. WHU and Watford have proven that if you get in their faces and go at them, they are breakable...

Hoping for something good, but expecting a 3-0 beating...

I very much doubt Liverpool would be low on confidence after 2 away defeats, having previously won 19 (I think) straight through... Also, the team last night v Chelsea was not a full strength side, albeit still a good one.

I take nothing from the last 2 games other than Liverpool are not playing to the best right now... Is it they are really missing Henderson that much? Who knows but Salah is off form and we're seeing sloppy mistakes at the back.

My only hope is that we don't try to park the bus as we simply are not good enough to do that against quality. WHU and Watford have proven that if you get in their faces and go at them, they are breakable...

Hoping for something good, but expecting a 3-0 beating...
The only way to get anything out of this game is to attack, and not stop attacking until the final whistle. We could win 0-3 or we could lose 6-0. I'd rather watch that than hold on for a result which will inevitably mean we concede roughly every 20 mins until the energy is eventually sucked out of us.

Can't hope for more than a positive performance that we can take into a run of 3 winnable matches. The press and pundits will be all over this one backing Liverpool to regain their swagger and give us a good hiding. As long as we give a good performance, don't give away any cheap goals or lose by a cricket score I fancy us to take some points in the next 3. I wonder if Chelsea could lend us young Billy.

Will echo what others have said above. Please just get in their faces and attack them, if we sit off and let them move the ball about then we’ll get torn to pieces. We don’t have it in us to play a low block. If we get in their faces and make things as difficult for them in the middle of the park as possible then I genuinely believe that we have a chance to get something. Just attack them.

If we do get beaten....must try and keep the score down and stop our goal difference getting worse......could count at the wire :eek!:
Edit to say I know our GD will get worse if we bet beaten, but you know what I mean :grinning:

------------Ramsdale------------
Stacey----S. Cook---Ake----Rico
----Billing---L. Cook---Lerma----
King--------Wilson--------Fraser

Subs: Boruc, Smith, Francis, Gosling, Stanislas, Surridge, Solanke

Rico is a better defender than Smith, who hasn't looked very good in the last two games. If it was Rico that hadn't looked good for these games, he'd have been immediately dropped (as it happens, he's been dropped anyway despite being one of our Top 5 players of the season). Fully expecting it to stay as it was for Chelsea, which I'm perfectly happy to see, so long as the team keeps the performance levels up for the whole game. Also might be worth dropping Lerma for this game, but I would disagree because;
a.) That would be a sign that EH sees this as an unwinnable game; play your strongest team whenever you can and you on't go far wrong.
b.) Lerma is perfectly capable of going through a game without getting booked, so long as the refereeing is consistent-oh wait, this is the PL, Lerma to be sent off it is.

Hope Surridge makes the bench with H. Wilson out.

They have Atletico to overcome in the CL 5 days after this game...not sure if he'll rest players for it or try and play them into form. If they were away in either game that might've played into our plans a bit, but they don't have to do any travelling.

Watford showed that they're beatable so long as you don't hide away from the task at hand, and play the game rather than the occasion. A point here would be absolutely phenomenal and a real statement of intent to the other teams around us. Chelsea are a top team, and yet when we were on top of them, we were well on top. I see no reason why we can't do the same to these.

When we attacked Chelsea we scored two goals.

Unfortunately we then let them come back at us and tried to defend our lead, but just one moment they found that weak spot and equalised.

If we do get beaten....must try and keep the score down and stop our goal difference getting worse......could count at the wire :eek!:
Edit to say I know our GD will get worse if we bet beaten, but you know what I mean :grinning:

It's a tough call, as 'getting in their faces, and attacking' could result in us shipping more goals... Eddie will 100% have his eye on GD and trying to stop shipping goals...

For me... attack the sh*t out of them... for 90 mins...

As I mentioned in the preview, Liverpool started their home unbeaten run after our game last season.

Just noticed this story in the Liverpool Echo.

They mention the rallying call by Jurgen Klopp before that game and for this game on Saturday.

There are eerie parallels to the same fixture last season.

Back in February 2019, Jurgen Klopp’s side had suffered a mid-term wobble, a Premier League draw against West Ham United meaning they had won only two of the previous six in all competitions while being dumped out of the FA Cup.

The Reds boss then called on the Anfield crowd to treat the next game, a rare 3pm Saturday kick-off at home to Bournemouth, as if it were a European night.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../liverpool-face-eerie-parallels-last-17863430

As I mentioned in the preview, Liverpool started their home unbeaten run after our game last season.

Just noticed this story in the Liverpool Echo.

They mention the rallying call by Jurgen Klopp before that game and for this game on Saturday.

There are eerie parallels to the same fixture last season.

Back in February 2019, Jurgen Klopp’s side had suffered a mid-term wobble, a Premier League draw against West Ham United meaning they had won only two of the previous six in all competitions while being dumped out of the FA Cup.

The Reds boss then called on the Anfield crowd to treat the next game, a rare 3pm Saturday kick-off at home to Bournemouth, as if it were a European night.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../liverpool-face-eerie-parallels-last-17863430
3PM? I hope they all turn up at 3PM, that'll be ok.

Such an interesting weekend. All six bottom teams are on the road, playing top 10 teams except for Watford going to Selhurst Park. Could be a weekend where very few points are garnered at the bottom. If the table looks identical come next Monday night, I would be quite fine with that.

Interesting enough (to me at least), all six bottom teams are home the following weekend.

;