Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

I reckon you might have half a chance of beating Liverpool if you can keep their two full backs pinned back in their own half - but that's easier said than done!!

...stranger things have happened in football...we have to believe that on the day we can match them and give it a real go....otherwise may as well get out the route maps to Birmingham and Bristol for next season!

Its only a rattled Liverpool ..but we must put out the strongest side available in EVERY game...that's pure common sense. If you lose a player for whatever reason ..the next best reserve goes in. You can't operate all season fearing suspensions.
The only way this club can stay as a serious contender for mid-table and above in this league is to rediscover the swagger and fearnought football of previous periods.
If Eddie perseveres with the caution that he has wrapped himself in of late....we will balls it up next season for sure.

We also have Surridge and other bright sparks
waiting to explode if the experienced ones arn't fit.

There you are Callum and Josh, that’s all you need do. :grinning:

Ross Strachan from Widnes was one of the post-game podcast contributors after the match.

He outlined the method in which Chelsea got the better of the Reds on the night in what is becoming a worrying trend.

Strachan explained: "Olivier Giroud was excellent: really physical on Joe Gomez and Virgil van Dijk.

Troy Deeney did it the other day and really put himself about and Giroud has been around the block.

"He was excellent and probably the Man of the Match."

The Reds will need to improve on that new-found defensive frailty ahead of Saturday lunchtime's Premier League clash with Bournemouth at Anfield.

With Callum Wilson and Joshua King up top, Eddie Howe's men are likely to try to replicate the success of both Watford and Chelsea.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ents-figured-out-liverpools-weakness-17844681
I think you are right, but both teams had a strong midfield. We can't go there with a weak midfield the likes of Surman & Gosling they are just not good enough against this class side. If we have a weakness they will find it. that is my opinion. I hope we can get something from the game.

Nothing to lose tomorrow hopefully the pressure will be off and we can frustrate them, they maybe a bit nervous being so close to title.

sorry folks but unless we play like we did at the beginning of both halves against Chelsea, for the full 90 minutes tomorrow, we'll get absolutely hammered
need to play two up front and get the ball forward quickly
trying to out pass them in our own half will be fatal

Our record in the Premier League against the “top” sides away (except Chelsea) is awful. We haven’t beaten Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Man U, or City and the stats make grim viewing. Other teams in our position over the last few seasons - Palace, Wolves, Burnley etc have shown a mental toughness at these “bigger” clubs and have got results that we’ve never had. I sadly don’t see that changing tomorrow but would be very happy to eat my words...........

Our record in the Premier League against the “top” sides away (except Chelsea) is awful. We haven’t beaten Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Man U, or City and the stats make grim viewing. Other teams in our position over the last few seasons - Palace, Wolves, Burnley etc have shown a mental toughness at these “bigger” clubs and have got results that we’ve never had. I sadly don’t see that changing tomorrow but would be very happy to eat my words...........
Umm we have beaten spurs last season, and arsenal , and man utd twice

;