Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

there was a v good statman on TS who gave analysis on liverpool. it seems they struggle against teams who are able to sit deep and break quickly, and are at their best in open games. they are happy to leave just 2 central defenders back. so I have no idea what we should do. just win.

there was a v good statman on TS who gave analysis on liverpool. it seems they struggle against teams who are able to sit deep and break quickly, and are at their best in open games. they are happy to leave just 2 central defenders back. so I have no idea what we should do. just win.

Sit deep and break quickly sounds like a good plan.

need to keep players forward and play with pace.
Might look long ball but get them turning . Whoever is the other centre back next to van dyke is the weak link .
Midfield willl have to work bloody hard

Just proves in this league with some luck if you press teams and get on their faces no one likes it

There you are Callum and Josh, that’s all you need do. :grinning:

Ross Strachan from Widnes was one of the post-game podcast contributors after the match.

He outlined the method in which Chelsea got the better of the Reds on the night in what is becoming a worrying trend.

Strachan explained: "Olivier Giroud was excellent: really physical on Joe Gomez and Virgil van Dijk.

Troy Deeney did it the other day and really put himself about and Giroud has been around the block.

"He was excellent and probably the Man of the Match."

The Reds will need to improve on that new-found defensive frailty ahead of Saturday lunchtime's Premier League clash with Bournemouth at Anfield.

With Callum Wilson and Joshua King up top, Eddie Howe's men are likely to try to replicate the success of both Watford and Chelsea.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ents-figured-out-liverpools-weakness-17844681

So the plan is to scrap the plan B that everybody kept banging on about being the way forward against the top sides and revert to the plan A that led everyone to bang on about a plan B in the first place......o_O

So the plan is to scrap the plan B that everybody kept banging on about being the way forward against the top sides and revert to the plan A that led everyone to bang on about a plan B in the first place......o_O

Plan B - Beat Liverpool in Bournemouth at Dean Court - Done.

Plan A - Beat Liverpool at Anfield - ?

There you are Callum and Josh, that’s all you need do. :grinning:

Ross Strachan from Widnes was one of the post-game podcast contributors after the match.

He outlined the method in which Chelsea got the better of the Reds on the night in what is becoming a worrying trend.

Strachan explained: "Olivier Giroud was excellent: really physical on Joe Gomez and Virgil van Dijk.

Troy Deeney did it the other day and really put himself about and Giroud has been around the block.

"He was excellent and probably the Man of the Match."

The Reds will need to improve on that new-found defensive frailty ahead of Saturday lunchtime's Premier League clash with Bournemouth at Anfield.

With Callum Wilson and Joshua King up top, Eddie Howe's men are likely to try to replicate the success of both Watford and Chelsea.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ents-figured-out-liverpools-weakness-17844681
The problem is our age old defensive frailties.

....................Rambo
Stacey.......Cookie.....Ake.. .... Smith
............ Billing.....Lerma.....Goso
.............Stan..... Callum......Kingy

Bring on Lewis Cook and Wee man in the second half ......Wee man in particular is a very effective impact sub....... as Liverpool well know!

Solent

CHERRIES: Eddie Howe reports Lloyd Kelly to have trained with the squad this week after injury. Danjuma & Brooks not joined in. EH says “I’ll pick my strongest team”, in response to possibility of resting Lerma to protect from 2-game ban. #afcb

Just get into them! Don’t show them too much respect, make things as difficult as possible for them. They are NOT unbeatable, last weekend proves this. The only certainty is that if we sit off them then we will be picked off and get destroyed. To have any chance we need to hunt in packs and not give them a second on the ball.

Solent

CHERRIES: Eddie Howe reports Lloyd Kelly to have trained with the squad this week after injury. Danjuma & Brooks not joined in. EH says “I’ll pick my strongest team”, in response to possibility of resting Lerma to protect from 2-game ban. #afcb

Saw this. Tbf I wouldn't blame him for resting Lerma here. I'd rather see him play though.

The club have sent out an e-mail asking people going tomorrow to have Photo ID with them which is quite pointless as the tickets don't have our names on them. Just in case of any problems at the turnstile, I'm taking a copy of the Order Confirmation e-mail with me which gives our names and the ticket nos. purchased.

Saw this. Tbf I wouldn't blame him for resting Lerma here. I'd rather see him play though.

Some people have already written this game off for us.

But I think we should field our strongest team and really have a go at getting something out of this game.

Liverpool’s home run has to end sometime, why not tomorrow?

;