Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

Our defence: half the problem is in midfield. Gosling routinely returns the ball to the opposition, leaving Cook L exposed and putting the defence under pressure.

A strong midfielder capable of holding the ball is surely the Number 1 priority. Agreed that Francis and Daniels need replacement but the defence as a whole will struggle if the midfield can’t hold the ball and recycle.

Langham - your point about midfield is just as important, maybe more! it's time for Eddie to be ruthless now. I think L. Cook and Gosling have done well recently, both in different ways, but against teams with Liverpool's power it's too shallow and would be further exposed next season, without some changes.

Lucky to get nil. Wrong line up. 2 in the middle again. City are an excellent team and we matched them at home. Gosling, Surman and Arter in the middle.

They are an excellent team... who also just got battered at Anfield. Let's face it, if we'd have gone for it, played three in the middle, started Callum, played 4-4-2, etc. etc. we'd have still lost 3-0 or worse.

The usual suspects would still come on here saying we'd have won if we'd have done.. pick any random thing we didn't do and declaring we will go down next year if we don't change our entire squad - like they say every year. Who knows maybe they will be right one year.

Sometimes you come up against a team bang in form and there's not a lot you can do. That was arguably our toughest fixture of the season.

After what they'd done to Citeh in both games they were never going to give us a chance, no matter what team we had put out. This one is gone now, maybe learn something from it to take to Manure. Not holding my breath though!

Liverpool were on a high after that win against City and progressing into the Champions League semi-final against Roma.

The press conference before our game had the media concentrating on the Champions League with their questions to Jurgen Klopp.

The Liverpool manager kept trying to change the subject to the game against us and other Premier League games that come before the semi-final game.

That is exactly what he did on the pitch yesterday, he picked his strongest side and had them thinking and concentrating on this league game. Klopp still wants to finish as high as possible in the PL and before yesterday’s games Spurs were right on their tails trying to take third spot in the table.

You just had to watch the Liverpool manager on the touchline yesterday to show how he was up for this game.

From close games against them before at Anfield, this time it was a one sided game controlled by a very good Liverpool team.

Some of you need to get a grip.

3rd defeat in 15 games & two of those have been against Spurs & Liverpool.

Don’t really know what you want from this squad.We’re comfortably holding our own heading into what looks like a fourth season in the Prem.

Eddie will probably make a couple of additions in the summer to make us stronger again but some of you wet yourselves because we lost to one of the most in form teams in Europe.

They are an excellent team... who also just got battered at Anfield. Let's face it, if we'd have gone for it, played three in the middle, started Callum, played 4-4-2, etc. etc. we'd have still lost 3-0 or worse.

The usual suspects would still come on here saying we'd have won if we'd have done.. pick any random thing we didn't do and declaring we will go down next year if we don't change our entire squad - like they say every year. Who knows maybe they will be right one year.

Sometimes you come up against a team bang in form and there's not a lot you can do. That was arguably our toughest fixture of the season.

We have done better against the top 6 with that formation when we revert we get hammered

After what they'd done to Citeh in both games they were never going to give us a chance, no matter what team we had put out. This one is gone now, maybe learn something from it to take to Manure. Not holding my breath though!

I don't think City's levels have actually dropped, which we'll probably see in the next couple of games when they get back to winning ways.

Liverpool's style does suit playing City but even so it says so much about Liverpool's form that they destroyed what I believe will be the strongest side in Premier League history and probably the best club team in the world over two legs.

With Liverpool's budget (£150M this season on transfers alone) and form, it would've taken something special to get anything out of that game.

As painful as it was to watch unfortunately the best we can hope for is like Wings says to learn something from them and keep our heads up through a tough spell of games.

Don’t really know what you want from this squad.We’re comfortably holding our own heading into what looks like a fourth season in the Prem.

Eddie will probably make a couple of additions in the summer to make us stronger again but some of you wet yourselves because we lost to one of the most in form teams in Europe.

Absolutely right! Some people on this board need to take a breath sometimes I think. I will say, first of all, I do think we needed three in middle of midfield yesterday, I'd have had Lewis protecting the back three and then probably Gos and Harry biting ahead of him. [ and yes, I know mentioning Harry is a bit strange at the minute! ]. I'd also have started Lys and King up front for their pace and movement.

But after saying that - what did people think we could do up there, seriously? Go all gung ho and probably be picked off even more?? I actually thought we did pretty well defensively, Bego didn't have tons of huge saves to make. Big Cook lost Mane for their first goal sadly but I think we have to remember how good their front three is. Much better teams than us have been ripped to shreds by them. Just watch their movement, incredible! Aside from one horrendous cross field pass, Franno was fine, alongside Cook and Ake but the concentration needed across 90+ minutes against players like that is massive.

I am an Ibe fan overall, I think he was terrible yesterday aside from one shot that wasn't too far away. Gave possession away far too much. Daniels has gone at this level too, really sorry to say. I think Smudge would be left back if he wasn't injured.

Their second goal was awesome! Not many teams in the world could have done that. Hats off needed there. And the timing was a shame with Callum about to come on.

Again we see comments about next season being a struggle - the same people that have said this ever since we were promoted. Yes we all know the certain positions that need to be improved but Eddie hasn't done so bad this far, despite all our concerns. Every season at PL level is incredibly tough but it will be the same again for all teams outside the big six! We are better than some of our fans ever seem to think....but we can always improve too!

I think at the end of the day we will be alright next season, unless we get excessive injuries or lose our manager! We all know where we need to improve next season and the player's that need replacing

Northbound Reds - good words - quite right about the need to ' get a grip'. We need reminding sometimes! We are a decent mid-table team, only losing 14 and mainly against the giants. We are good enough to get wins against those sides if they are off form, as we have proved so things are still more positive than not with Eddie & co in charge. Finishing above Saints is the Big Deal this time - always something new with Eddie!

A big hi to all Cherries fans,

I've been a Liverpool fan for the past 20 years, and I just got down here after the game to say that you're one of the sides who're a credit to the Premier League. You have a wonderful manager who tries to play football and manages to get you in and around mid-table consistently. That puts you lot well above some clubs whose respective managers prefer hoofing it up just for survival. I also like your club in general and you lot were wonderful away fans today, the support at the end of the game was nice to see. I've had a good experience in the games against you when compared to some other PL clubs where fans were quite hostile and also fail to credit the opposition. That has never happened in games against you. See ya'll next season and best wishes to Bournemouth to finish as high as possible.

Many thanks. Once again enjoyed all the warmth and friendliness in Liverpool (not least from the Evertonian steward!!) and appreciated some recognition from some home fans at the end. Obviously a real buzz yesterday after the week you've had and very special to be part of the 96 commemoration.

Remember which league we are in. The bottom 14 one and to be 5th at present in that and 10 points above the bottom 3 is something to be pleased with but then I'm a 17th or above is fine person. Not so good i guess for some of our Europa League hope full fans but it'll do for me.

The time to worry is if we don't turn up next season when we play Wolves, Palace, Newcastle, Swansea etc. Those are our target games. Anything else is a bonus.

True to degree Al but in our 4th season surely we need a bit more ambition than to hope that there are 4 teams worse than us.

This!

True to degree Al but in our 4th season surely we need a bit more ambition than to hope that there are 4 teams worse than us.

That is just a token selection of teams.
Let's take out the top 6, that leaves us 26 crucial 6 pointers, which to be fair is what it is like most seasons in the PL

Was pretty poor.

Ibe was rubbish
Daniels was rubbish
Gosling was his usual self. Heavy heavy touches, clattering into the opposition giving away needless free kicks. Poor positioning for the first goal, gave the ball away for the second.i really do not understand the love in for Gosling. He may give everything but he isn’t good enough if we want to become a better team.

On a positive note he has increased his range of passing and did play some decent cross field balls on occasion. But he is still so powder puff and positionally awful.

Expect the same against Man U.
Ibe wasn't rubbish. Was one of our better players and ended up having to get past 3 each time he was in possession. Unfortunately no one wanted to overlap. Was Weeman under some sort of instructions not to pass half way.?

Ibe was indeed rubbish.

Started off quite well, got worse, lost possession, lost every tackle. I usually support him but that was poor.

No....I admit, I only saw the whole game on the tellybox, maybe you saw different from Anfield? As I say, I like him overall but he was shoddy beyond belief yesterday sad to say. Lost possession so many times and put them on the attack.

;