Lloyd Kelly

I agree with Neil. It seems to me that Kelly's speed across the grass is far more important to the team this season than the money is to the club - although without knowing the financial situation and other factors it's a difficult one to properly judge.
Yes. Maybe we have a speedy centre half and a back up left back lined up. In which case if the bid is right accept it. It won’t surprise you to know I doubt Hughes had planned to this level of diligence though.

We can’t replace Kelly with Dier though. He could replace one of our other centre backs. All about balance.

Yes. Maybe we have a speedy centre half and a back up left back lined up. In which case if the bid is right accept it. It won’t surprise you to know I doubt Hughes had planned to this level of diligence though.

We can’t replace Kelly with Dier though. He could replace one of our other centre backs. All about balance.

That young Norwich cb we were linked with recently is very quick. Maybe we'll go back in for him.

Problem is Norwich may be similar to us. Need to quickly be able to replace him as we will with Kelly... although perhaps they already have a few decent cb's... I'm not sure.

Why didn’t spurs bid earlier in the window. Expect we would be tempted at the right price with time to get in replacements

Classic Levy. Leave it to the last day and pile on the pressure to try and get a cut price deal.

Did wonder. Why leave it till now if genuinely interested? Give us more chance to get a replacement in, now he leaves much less chance of a deal happening.

Unless they don't care, and as someone else mentioned, playing the long game here.

In fifa 23 which does a detailed analysis using real data Kelly and Zab are both 73 rated pace out of 100 and Senesi 61.

If my dad was still alive he’d say ‘what’s their pace over ten yards and their speed of thought though’.

FM23 has

Acceleration
Senesi - 14
Kelly - 13
Zabarnyi - 13

Pace (top speed)
Kelly - 14
Zabarnyi - 14
Senesi - 11

I wonder how scientific these stats are.
I play a lot of FIFA. It’s always been remarkably accurate when you play as Bournemouth and they pour a lot of effort into the stats side. There’s very few of the stats on any of the competencies that surprise you and the players play exactly like the side.

That said… if a player is 72 or 76 pace is there much difference or could you tell im not sure! Always made me laugh that the strongest player to knock off the ball in the entire world used to be Akinfenwa (or however you spell it) which drew him a cult following in all corners of this globe. Kids in Argentina picking a Wycombe forward to see if it was true…

;