Lloyd Kelly

The fact as of yesterday Lloyd Kelly was looking certain to sign for Liverpool and no one had any idea of our interest in him, suggests we do have significant pulling power for young Championship players. For similar reasons, the signing of Daniel James can’t be ruled out either despite this Man Utd noise.

The fact as of yesterday Lloyd Kelly was looking certain to sign for Liverpool and no one had any idea of our interest in him, suggests we do have significant pulling power for young Championship players. For similar reasons, the signing of Daniel James can’t be ruled out either despite this Man Utd noise.

I agree. Kelly came from nowhere

Unfortunately it can, lad has his heart set on Man United

Even if James does go to Man Utd the general point is valid. Young talented footballers clearly want to play under Eddie Howe. I’ve no idea who the next one is but it will keep happening
Agreed. Think James is making a poor decision here but onto the next one

I haven’t seen anything of him other than the YouTube vid and definitely looks like a left back rather than CB. I guess we’ll see what happens with Mings, but honestly you could make almost identical YouTube vids of the two plus we know Mings can also play in CB, however Ake is never losing that position until he leaves.

Throw in Simpson as well and I t’s all a bit of a tough one for both Eddie and the players themselves (except Ake) all trying to play the same position with no hope unless Ake leaves or god forbid, gets injured.

Hopefully a right sided defender to come in, a young guy with potential to cover Smith will do now I think with Mepham, Cook and Francis for the RCB position already covered.

In terms of LB, Daniels is unlikely to be in the squad as he isnt going to be fit for several months. Rico and Brad Smith are not good enough.
I cant see it happening but would have Ritchie back in a flash as he has played that role very well for Newcastle

In terms of LB, Daniels is unlikely to be in the squad as he isnt going to be fit for several months. Rico and Brad Smith are not good enough.
I cant see it happening but would have Ritchie back in a flash as he has played that role very well for Newcastle

He has played wingback not left back. It’s a very different role. He is covered a little defensively because as we all know pace is not his strong point.

Stop knocking Rico. Really winds me up. Has he had a decent chance? No. Has he played his preferred position? No. Has he had a fair chance and time to settle in to a foreign environment. No.

Stop knocking Rico. Really winds me up. Has he had a decent chance? No. Has he played his preferred position? No. Has he had a fair chance and time to settle in to a foreign environment. No.
Fair enough if that is your opinion, but I just cannot see it. On the other side I think Gosling brings a lot to the team and get slaughtered for it. If the new guy is good, LB will be less of an issue

Watching that show reel of Kelly clips thinking wow what a player. The Rico one is the same but with some world class goals that Kelly doesn’t have.

The Rantie one from Malmo was different level again.

They should show reel your worst moments as well for balance!!

Reactions: drd
Fair enough if that is your opinion, but I just cannot see it. On the other side I think Gosling brings a lot to the team and get slaughtered for it. If the new guy is good, LB will be less of an issue

Nothing personal, he could end up a dud signing I’m not denying that. Just don’t think he’s had a fair chance yet

Watching that show reel of Kelly clips thinking wow what a player. The Rico one is the same but with some world class goals that Kelly doesn’t have.

The Rantie one from Malmo was different level again.

They should show reel your worst moments as well for balance!!
Going off topic but I just looked at Wiki to see where TK is now. His career trajectory has not exactly been ideal. And I assume his youth team was named by Tommeh Robinson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokelo_Rantie

;