Lloyd Kelly

Fair enough if that is your opinion, but I just cannot see it. On the other side I think Gosling brings a lot to the team and get slaughtered for it. If the new guy is good, LB will be less of an issue
Heard Ian Holloway talking about him on talksport earlier. The presenter ( can't remember her name) was doing the normal " the world's gone mad , 13 million for a kid who's only played a handful of games " stuff and he put her in her place saying that the kids Brilliant, will go all the way to the top, good for Bristol City and a great signing by Bournemouth to get in before other premier league clubs.

Heard Ian Holloway talking about him on talksport earlier. The presenter ( can't remember her name) was doing the normal " the world's gone mad , 13 million for a kid who's only played a handful of games " stuff and he put her in her place saying that the kids Brilliant, will go all the way to the top, good for Bristol City and a great signing by Bournemouth to get in before other premier league clubs.

value holloway’s opinion ahead of most other people when talking about a brizzle player

if holloway thinks it’s a great signing, then that’s good enough for me to be confident the price is a fair one

This one happened really quickly didn't it. So much for Liverpool fans thinking they had him wrapped up the other day. Comes to something when we're mixing it with a club like that for a transfer target.

That he'd choose to come to our humble tinpot shed and be involved every week, rather than sit in a big club u23 squad, hopefully speaks well of the lad's ambitions.

In terms of LB, Daniels is unlikely to be in the squad as he isnt going to be fit for several months. Rico and Brad Smith are not good enough.
I cant see it happening but would have Ritchie back in a flash as he has played that role very well for Newcastle
That's not too far from being prophetic. Ritchie certainly still has an interest in AFCB.

lallana had/has a house in wimby.... maybe he IS wimborner

This one happened really quickly didn't it. So much for Liverpool fans thinking they had him wrapped up the other day. Comes to something when we're mixing it with a club like that for a transfer target.

That he'd choose to come to our humble tinpot shed and be involved every week, rather than sit in a big club u23 squad, hopefully speaks well of the lad's ambitions.
It's a real surprise he's come to us, blimey he could have gone to the mighty Infrastructure, He's missed out there!!:grinning:

From the highlight video (and I stress that I have only seen him in that highlight reel) Kelly looks strong, quick and calm on the ball, which will suit our defense as we seem to prefer playing out of danger rather than clearing. Even from that video, I have some worries about him diving in, but we shall see.

Is £13m a lot? Yes. But I think that's just where prices for young English talent going to the Premier League are heading. If he performs okay, then in a couple of seasons we can probably sell him on for £15m+, if he excels then that could double or triple. I think we do need to be taking these "risks", and am glad Eddie and the gang are getting business done early.

From the highlight video (and I stress that I have only seen him in that highlight reel) Kelly looks strong, quick and calm on the ball, which will suit our defense as we seem to prefer playing out of danger rather than clearing. Even from that video, I have some worries about him diving in, but we shall see.

Is £13m a lot? Yes. But I think that's just where prices for young English talent going to the Premier League are heading. If he performs okay, then in a couple of seasons we can probably sell him on for £15m+, if he excels then that could double or triple. I think we do need to be taking these "risks", and am glad Eddie and the gang are getting business done early.
We all thought the fee for Brooks was a lot. A year on and now it looks like a steal.

Its great to have a new young Cherry..........so if he turns out to be good and a bargain.......why talk about selling him on in a couple of years....he could be our ' Vincent Company' doing a Simon Francis Shift....when we Rampage through Europe hoovering up so many trophies that they'll have to invent more !

We all thought the fee for Brooks was a lot. A year on and now it looks like a steal.

Disagree. Going value for brooks was £20m and strongly linked with spurs but concerns re his illness (think glandular fever) plus Sheffield wanting a quick deal brought the price down. Looked cheap imho although thought his path would be more like Lewis cook with a second season impact.

;