Luton Town v AFC Bournemouth

Ah sorry, thought you were talking about sites in general, not just football grounds.

I guess that's why places like Canford have been touted previously... miles out the town.

Can recall talks of the golf course at Queens Park before. Not sure realistic that is.

The only obvious solution as far as I can see is to buy our ground back, then fill in the corners where the Ted Shed is and then build a 6,000 seat stand where the Ted Shed is, taking total capacity to around 16,000 AND improving our financial fair play income (or whatever it is called) in the process!

If that capacity is not enough then perhaps there might be scope to build a second tier main stand? Taking total capacity to up to around 20,000 (planning permission permitting!).

Such a shame that some of the half a billion pounds or so income that we allegedly earned during our 5 year stay in tne Prem wasn't used to fund this!

I for one would have been more than happy to accept relegation from the Prem during that time if it meant that we could buy back and develop our stadium on the basis that I have suggested.

Sadly it seems that such a deal to buy back our ground was/is bizarrely impossible!

Last edited:
Worse than Poole :D?

Ha Different level. I have to wander along there sometimes in the evening on the way to the track for training.

Big queue for the food bank/food kitchen, random drunks shouting at each other, loads of people looking shady!

Different world....

I see they bought and sold some land out of town to fund it as well as loads of residential and other development on the site itself. No doubt some redevelopment of the existing ground site thrown in and you can see how they've made more progress than we have.

Always amazes me how so many towns and cities around the country have massive development plots in or within walking distance of the town centre. Luton, Southampton, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Swansea .... I'm sure there's more.

There is no similar site in Bournemouth.

Yes bit different in Bomo. Imagine a ground on the Dean Pk cricket ground. Lots of pubs close before the match! I suppose the more industrial the town/city, the more brownfield sites you have to develop on.

Meyrick Pk? And let Oakmedians use it too? LOL

Ha Different level. I have to wander along there sometimes in the evening on the way to the track for training.

Big queue for the food bank/food kitchen, random drunks shouting at each other, loads of people looking shady!

Different world....

Yeah although bournemouth and Poole definitely has seen a rise in shady looking characters it's not quite up there with a lot of inner city/large town areas around the country.

Different world....

Who you calling Shady ?

Random drunks shouting at each other = typical day on here.

Luton isn't all like Bury Park, slum landlords, etc. Some of it is quite nice, honest.

Who you calling Shady ?

Random drunks shouting at each other = typical day on here.

Luton isn't all like Bury Park, slum landlords, etc. Some of it is quite nice, honest.

You took your time! I stick up for the place more than most LOL.

Lived near Wardown Pk for two years and i'm there once a week usually. The walk from the bus station and up Chapel st is a particular delight....

;