Luxury Players......

433 with the ball
451 without the ball

whatever the tactics everyone needs to put in the effort to lose or track their man.
So if that's your definition of 433 what's your definition of 451?.....there has to be a difference between the two systems right?

So you don't think a good manager makes a difference? So we should have just stuck with groves/Brooks after all and saved ourselves tge compensation, higher wages with bringing howe back.

After all, apart from Ritchie/pitman we had the same squad of players that went from near relegation to promotion challengers within months.

If only they had tge foresight to delay the sacking for another game or two after the embarrassing demolition at swindon, they were on the verge of turning our fortunes around and leading us to promotion.

Player/Agent Power affects things off the pitch/dressing room. EHs last season was ruined by it. JT was cruising up to November.
..but fans on here laid into him when form dipped..and into JW before he even got started...but they still upheld the 'on paper' status of Lerma, Danjuma and L.Cook who were contributing no more to the Team Effort than Solanke, Stacey, S.Cook, Smith, Rico, Gosling or Surridge for examples!

Mourinho has really ripped up the PL this season eh ?
Is he the same level as the traumatised and castigated Bruce at Newcastle? 2 - 2 .Players at those clubs play well when ' they feel like it' ...No different at DC - Any Formations !

Last edited:
Some goals are more important than others Rob......Solanke"s goal on Friday helped us win the game ......Danjuma's goal against Watford and Stans goal against Stoke Won us games....those are the goals you want your strikers scoring.
I'm sorry but thats a really useless statistic.

You think scoring the 3 or 4th goal of an easy win is as important as scoring a winner!......lol really nothing to do with stats.
It doesnt get you any more points and still increases the goal difference by 1. Tbf. Lol you're just making up this to try and rank players in terms of importance.

"Thanks for the fourth goal Dom, but was it really worth it"!
"Sealey, I wouldn't bother".
"MacDougall, you wasted that effort 8 more times"!?

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see the amount of distance Danjuma covers during a game .....I don't think it would be much different to Stans.....it's about people's perception of what constitutes working hard ....continually making forward runs is just as tiring as tracking back.
I think we had a conversation about 433 or perhaps it was 343 can't remember...where you said that we should leave the 3 forwards up high as it limits the amount of damage their full backs can do....I agree with that ....it's why we never did well against ManCity as the likes of Sane pinned our full backs or wing backs to our own 18 yard box.
Yeah, it may be that the left sided midfielder of the three should be covering Rico more... it might not be Danjumas job. It’s just not happening though as Rico and Kelly often have two people running at them and get caught in two minds looking crap. Doesn’t happen on the right side for whatever reason.

I’m not saying Rico is faultless, great team player but clearly got gaps in ability he shouldn’t have for the fee, but there is something wrong on the left that can’t all be pinned at whoever plays LB

It doesnt get you any more points and still increases the goal difference by 1. Tbf. Lol you're just making up this to try and rank players in terms of importance.

I disagree, I’m with TopFarrier on this one (had to happen if we all wrote on here often enough). Great strikers score crucial goals in the big games or winning goals in 1-0s. That’s what defines them and why they command the stupid transfer fees.

I think you'll find that the player that scores a winner in a tight game is contributing more to our points tally than the player who puts the flourish onto a convincing win or scores a consolation goal in a defeat ......Lots of different opinions on this thread tbf but i think you might be the only one who refuses to grasp the concept that some goals are more important than others......:grinning:

I think you'll find that the player that scores a winner in a tight game is contributing more to our points tally than the player who puts the flourish onto a convincing win or scores a consolation goal in a defeat ......Lots of different opinions on this thread tbf but i think you might be the only one who refuses to grasp the concept that some goals are more important than others......:grinning:
Happy to be the only one tbf. It doesn't make you any more right.

I disagree, I’m with TopFarrier on this one (had to happen if we all wrote on here often enough). Great strikers score crucial goals in the big games or winning goals in 1-0s. That’s what defines them and why they command the stupid transfer fees.
Now I'm even happier to be out on my own! ;-)

Alright I've just bookmarked this thread.....just in case there's ever any doubt that this ever happened...:grinning:

Last edited:
I doubt very much that RT is unable to 'grasp a concept'.. me and a few others maybe yes..but RT....No ..very unlikely ..the blokes got plenty up top !

Goals are for Entertainment too...why people have attended games since the 1860s !
Football is for Leisure and Pleasure.. not for Sorrow and Anguish !

I doubt very much that RT is unable to 'grasp a concept'.. me and a few others maybe yes..but RT....No ..very unlikely ..the blokes got plenty up top !

Goals are for Entertainment too...why people have attended games since the 1860s !
Football is for Leisure and Pleasure.. not for Sorrow and Anguish !
I said he refuses to grasp it.....not that he can't.....because i'm sure he upstands the concept all too well!

Alright I've just bookmarked this thread.....just in case there's ever any doubt that this ever happened...:grinning:
Just to ruin it all... aren’t we 4-2-3-1 hence the need for the wide men to defend? The standard 4-3-3 doesn’t have an advanced centre mid it has a flat three with the two widest covering the flanks defensively.

Just to ruin it all... aren’t we 4-2-3-1 hence the need for the wide men to defend? The standard 4-3-3 doesn’t have an advanced centre mid it has a flat three with the two widest covering the flanks defensively.
I've no idea what you just wrote...

Maybe 4231 is what you get when you don't fully commit to 433 or 451.....something in between!......i do think we need that left foot option off the right for 4231 to work tbh so we might see it more defined today.

Well we're definitely playing 4231 today....Danjuma and Brooks are playing a lot deeper....looks horrible tbf.....Solanke running around on his own .

;