Lyle Taylor

This reminds me. Many years ago I was attending a seminar - I can't exactly remember the subject, but I know the presenter said at one point

"Remember, there is no I in team spirit"

Someone in the audience responded

"There's two I's in team spirit!"

"What? Oh ********************************!"

The room cracked up
Doh ! :lol:

Seriously though, if we are going to get promoted we will need the lads all pulling in the same direction. I think whether or not we achieve this will go a long way towards deciding our fate. JT more than anything else needs to create a siege mentality within the squad, a determination to give everything TOGETHER to achieve our ambition.

In our recruitment and selling of current players we should never lose sight of this important aspect. The squad dynamic has to be spot on for us to get over the line, it will not be easy !

Maybe have a Tug of War team to build team spirit and pull in the same direction. ;)

Sorry I think it’s the heat and humidity.

I hope we don't sign him out of principle, we know exactly what it's like to get shafted!

He was early in his career and getting edged out by the likes of Pitman, Grabban, McQuid and Ings. There's no shame in that for Eddie or Lyle.

That said I don't think we need him next season even without King and Wilson.
Didnt he get a hat-trick in an early round of one of the cup competitions, or was that Jayden Stockley?

He was signed by Howe from about the seventh tier in the pyramid. A rough diamond of the kind that usually takes a couple or few seasons of polishing before they're really ready for league football. I'd say that's precisely what he turned out to be so was a good spot. If the Max money hadn't arrived when it did he could have ended up developing with us instead of elsewhere.

Didnt he get a hat-trick in an early round of one of the cup competitions, or was that Jayden Stockley?
right at start of thread probably the reason thread was started was because he scored a hat trick against Mansfield in the fa cup

He did also cost us against Notts County... I think we were leading by 2 with literally minutes to spare and he directly cost us 2 late goals by f@&king around with the ball on the half way line...

To have him back after the things we’ve all said about Fraser would be hilariously hypocritical.

Having said that, he’s free and has a good recent record. I’d have him.
We are football fans. Hypocrisy is what we do. 2000 of us sang passionately about the joy that is VAR at Stamford Bridge a few months ago.

He’d be a fantastic signing would be overjoyed. To put his actions into perspective compared to Fraser’s, he is 30 and this was his last chance for a big move. He has a history of being injured. He hadn’t already been offered a lucrative contract by his current employers which he had turned down. He didn’t down tools for the entire season even though he knew he’d be on the move, intact Charlton would have likely been relegated much earlier without his contribution. The two situations aren’t comparable.

;