Lys Mousset

Agree with our Alchemist friend, the Morgan Sanson deal won't happen. See below from ESPN.

Montpellier president Louis Nicollin has said highly-rated midfielder Morgan Sanson will not move to Roma when he leaves, claiming: "That's not a big club."

I can only assume he ranks clubs by how many letters they have in their name. Montpellier? Big. Roma? Titchy. AFC Bournemouth? Expect Sanson here shortly.

kirsikka - 11/1/2017 13:14

I can only assume he ranks clubs by how many letters they have in their name. Montpellier? Big. Roma? Titchy. AFC Bournemouth? Expect Sanson here shortly.

Hang on, what about Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic - that's a massive club !! rules him out of joining Hull as well I suppose! :hihi:

I can only assume he ranks clubs by how many letters they have in their name. Montpellier? Big. Roma? Titchy. AFC Bournemouth? Expect Sanson here shortly.[/QUOTE

Borussia Monchengladbach must be nailed on in that case.

hahahha

Http://sportwitness.co.uk/bournemouth-accept-transfer-request-player-now-must-find-willing-club/

Clever worded headline in that article.

Effectively he wants to go on loan to play regular football for the rest of the season, which I think is just what he needs

Can you not understand why a young footballer would want to be playing, or at least being given some gametime?....sometimes I do wonder why when the opportunity is there to get a player off the bench for some valuable PL matchtime we do not give it to them? I recall that Mousset was on the bench when we thrashed Hull City at home...he could have been surely so action then when we were 4-1 up?

...he must get frustrated when he sees other players floundering up front for us in games and he doesn't get a look in?

West Moors Cherry - 17/1/2017 09:32

Bye then

GARYafCb - 17/1/2017 09:35

Don't let the door hit your **************** in the way out!

Well comments like that really encourage young players don't they.

Understandable he wants to play more and many of us feel our younger second string players need more games otherwise they will never develop into good first team options.

If he genuinely wants to impress Eddie, he needs to go out on loan to a decent championship side, experience English football, score a shedload of goals and come back to DC in summer all guns blazing. Doubt that's what will happen though.

Another situation that emphasises the importance of ensuring that next season we enter a reserve team league that gives regular competitive football to those not playing in the first team.

Stupid headline, so he hasn't formally handed in a transfer request at all

What he wants to do is knuckle down a bit and stop going home every chance he gets

LewSwimmin - 17/1/2017 09:52

Another situation that emphasises the importance of ensuring that next season we enter a reserve team league that gives regular competitive football to those not playing in the first team.

Like the time of the old Football Combination League, any injury or players losing form and some one from that team could step into the first team being fully match fit.

That was before the time of the number of subs we have now though sitting on the bench.

samtonio23 - 17/1/2017 09:33

Clever worded headline in that article.

Effectively he wants to go on loan to play regular football for the rest of the season, which I think is just what he needs

Indeed. A very misleading headline (and now thread title). Has asked to go on loan and something now that Afobe is staying here, we "appear" to have accepted.

If he wants to make it over here then he ought to stay here and look at the Championship for a loan.

...the number of subs is ONLY the maximum allowed, if we had a strong reserve league to play in then surely we could cope with using only four or five senior subs and maybe a few youngsters to give them some experience?

But I think that the biggest thing that we are finding is that The PL is so strong all the way through, and maybe apart from the top four or five teams...anyone can beat anyone so the need to have players who don't make mistakes because they are more crucial is paramount. I mean Mings is an example of a player we will be expecting to just come in and perform, when in reality he needs a few matches to get sharp.

Still even now any team from ninth down could still be relegated...so it makes each game so critical in terms of getting those precious points needed to stay up.

Yesterday's saga all started with someone reading a silly comment on the internet.

Lets hope people have now learnt their lesson and read the whole article rather than just the headline! I'm sure he is frustrated but hope he wont get hung out to dry after a deliberately misleading headline

;