Management Timeline Exclusive

Like most people, I always feared when we went down, it would be a one season opportunity to bounce back.

I hoped we might be one of those teams that hung around for years, like Coventry, Wimbledon, Southampton did, because its easier to stay there, then get back.

Looking back, the way we went down was sickening, but that is nothing to this season.

Woodgate, seems like a nice guy, but when I saw that line up last night, I knew what to expect, just as I know to expect relegation next season.

We have been crap, most of the season, interspersed by individual brilliance from time to time.

Luckily there are other things in life, because watching what Eddie and yes, Jason, built, being so quickly unravelled by people out of their depth, and unable to manage a group of over paid, under performing players is shameful, and so disappointing, and yet so utterly predictable.

Turns out, as we all knew deep down, we are just another Blackpool, Swindon and others who had their moment in the sun, albeit thanks to Eddie, it was over half a decade of brilliance in our case.

Thanks Eddie, and has already been proved, you will never be matched, and nor will your achievements.

Just read the original post......yes very droll Neil......perhaps you've come back on here so you can post such hilarious stuff......because you couldn't say that very well , on the ......Back of the net.....podcast ?

As this season progresses I'm made even more aware of what an amazing few years we had under Eddie. It is breaking my heart that the mini-miracle Howe created is just dissolving in front of my eyes, and so quickly too - all because we have people in the boardroom who lack even an ounce of the vision, workrate, and bravery Eddie had. The fact I'm powerless to stop it is truly painful.

Apr 21. Woodgate goes, Blake releases statement saying they are taking their time choosing between Klopp and Guardiola who have both interviewed well.

May 21 ‘after an exhaustive interview process we have decided Gary O’Neill has been the stand out candidate and the players have reacted to him really well in our last two defeats’

Sept 21 O’Neill goes. Blake releases a statement ‘we have had detailed applications and processes with Brendan Rogers and Diego Simeone and are taking our time to make the right choice.

Oct 21 ‘after an exhaustive search myself and Richard are convinced that the way the players have responded to Joe Jordan in our winless start to the season makes him the only man we want to appoint’

Purches keep the faith. I’ve got you down for Jan 22
:clap:

Imagine how embarrassing that would be for pretty much everyone at the club, particularly the board, if they were to lose those 2 games as well.
Yes, after their exhaustive search for the best candidate that REALLY should force them to fall on their swords. But they won't of course. The gravy train has yet to arrive at "Get the buckets out Central", so no need to take any responsibility just yet.
:slap:

You just can't take things for granted in Sport.!
Look how O' Sullivan goes up an down through his seasons in Snooker. Moods.

Our fans continually thinking we have the best squad in the Championship is so ridiculous and embarrassing....they just are Not...that's all there is to it ..they are just not up to it...no manager will change it..it has to be broken up ! Bad Mix now.
EH got lucky with the mix for a few years...and had the nous to capitalise on it...and built it further to reach a certain point...but then it developed a few cracks...these things happen.

You can't pin much on JT.. or JW...for those short periods.

The board just sat and watched it capitulate!

Poor decision over appointing JW the day after a poor performance and a loss. If he'd won the qpr game then maybe, but we were poor, poor team selection, lack of subs, too negative.
The players have to take responsibility. Imagine if we got promotion, it would be embarrassing.
What happens now, no chance of winning against Watford, how many loses will it take for Jw to go.
It's a mess
It pains me to say that you are absolutely right - there is no work ethic at the club. Last night I watched a well-motivated Cardiff side snuff us out - I also saw how much energy they expended to get back and cover on the rare occasions we attacked with speed (and those occasions were few and far between). I suppose I expected so much in perhaps our biggest "must win" game of the season. Don't anticipate anything from Saturday since we simply don't have the desire to up our game. This team is sadly not one for the future of AFCB unless it is drastically reshaped and revitalised ......... ???????????

;