Marcus Tavernier

"has agreed fresh terms which will see him commit his long-term future to the club."

Whilst I get being vague on transfer fees can make sense at it leaves some uncertainty around how much you have in the kitty, I don't get why they aren't up front about contract lengths. It isn't information that will remain secret when a player's contract is running short so why not just tell us rather than talk around being specific?

Meanwhile, great news. He made a big impact last season and I'm looking forward to seeing him link up with Brooks. I have a suspicion they'll be quite a combination.

"has agreed fresh terms which will see him commit his long-term future to the club."

Whilst I get being vague on transfer fees can make sense at it leaves some uncertainty around how much you have in the kitty, I don't get why they aren't up front about contract lengths. It isn't information that will remain secret when a player's contract is running short so why not just tell us rather than talk around being specific?

Meanwhile, great news. He made a big impact last season and I'm looking forward to seeing him link up with Brooks. I have a suspicion they'll be quite a combination.
Quite alarming really.

Also, Blake now has a white top.

Even though we signed him on a 5 year deal last August, this extension is very good news.

He made a difference to our team this season with his goals and assists.

Fair play. He's quite the talent. Can't wait to see what he can do with an injury free run and a little less uncertainty behind the scenes. Looking more and more like a Junior type player but hopefully a little less injury prone.

This is great news, along with Billing he is our best player.

Boy has got it all, can dribble, he’s quick, can score, can assist, got a great work rate. The only issue with him is whether he can stay fit or not.

He really is our difference maker, the way he shifts his ball onto his left foot to make room for a shot is almost Robben-esque at times. You only have to look at our record with him in the team compared to our record without him last season, without him not only would we have been relegated but we would have probably finished below Saints. That’s how good he is. IF he can stay fit then he will be in the England squad before long and we will be looking at a £50m plus transfer fee.

Saw him yesterday evening.

Leg is extremely heavy strapped.

Hopefully more of a protective/support thing and not indicative of a long layoff.

Wonder what his injury history was like before we signed him? I hope he doesn't become the new Junior - PL quality and an essential pick when fit but only available for 20-25 games a season.

Wonder what his injury history was like before we signed him? I hope he doesn't become the new Junior - PL quality and an essential pick when fit but only available for 20-25 games a season.

2020-21 season at Middlesbrough he started 43 league games and was sub once.

;