Marcus Tavernier

I have posted quite a few times re tav and judging GON. He is the key player that changes our attacking ability by running directly at players - and defenders don’t know how to react. Dango closest to Tav in this respect. No shock to contrast afcb results with and without Tav.

If Tavernier can only go 45 minutes right now, I think it should be the first half. He's the best way we have found this season to play on the front foot. That's what we should set out to do, isn't it?

If Tavernier can only go 45 minutes right now, I think it should be the first half. He's the best way we have found this season to play on the front foot. That's what we should set out to do, isn't it?

no doubt we are better on front foot - look a very different team - but hard to do for 90 mins. Is it better to play Tav second half when defenders are more tired and often the game becomes more stretched, so more spaces to run into?

if we didn’t have so many midweek games then maybe Tav could play longer - need careful game management given his injury issues. Any major hammy tear could be the end of his season and with it may go out chances of survival

A lot has been said about Blake and Hughes, and a lot of it is warranted quite frankly. But even their harshest of critics cannot deny that Tavernier for £10m and Rothwell on a free transfer has been insanely good business. I don’t know if it was luck or judgement or whatever, but they do deserve credit when it comes to these two.

A lot has been said about Blake and Hughes, and a lot of it is warranted quite frankly. But even their harshest of critics cannot deny that Tavernier for £10m and Rothwell on a free transfer has been insanely good business. I don’t know if it was luck or judgement or whatever, but they do deserve credit when it comes to these two.
If it turns out good, it's luck. If it turns out bad, it's judgement.

He seemed to be moving fairly freely at the end and seemed quite upbeat.
That hamstring strain we were managing may have flared up again but hopefully not too serious.
Can’t blame the medical staff either. He did so much sprinting tonight with zero ill effect but that last run obviously tweaked something.
We will miss him for sure but fortunately we should be fairly comfortable now and can just do our best with the players we have left.
What an important signing he turned out to be !
Get well soon Tav and thank you :thumbup:

You can see him grimace at a particular stride in that last run, hopefully it's not too serious... not much time to rest until Sunday. We need him.

He pulled up and went down straight away....from where I was sat he looked quite distressed, as if he knew it was more than a tweak....hope I'm wrong

He pulled up and went down straight away....from where I was sat he looked quite distressed, as if he knew it was more than a tweak....hope I'm wrong
Like last time, I would expect him to miss several games.
When the hamstring is gone completely, you can’t put weight on it like that ( I’ve been there ). But he will miss the next few games, I’m sure.
A good time for it to happen, if there is such a thing. Without his goal tonight we would be two points worse off. How important could those two points be ?
Hopefully we can cover the loss somehow and he will hopefully be back for the last few games.

He brings that bit of quality and finishing the others sadly lack.
Thought Christie was excellent working the patterns going forward, making space, thrn get into final 3rd and bang, 2nd division stuff

;