Mark Travers

...analysing the photos (like you do when there's no football on) of Neill Blake shaking hands with Travers and Callum Wilson - he appears to be wearing the same clothes; it appears to be the same weather/day. I think a lot of deals have been done and they are drip feeding us stories. Next will be Eddie and JT and then the finale will be Ryan;)

Hasn’t it been proven before that Neill Blake only has one outfit anyway?? :utc:

...analysing the photos (like you do when there's no football on) of Neill Blake shaking hands with Travers and Callum Wilson - he appears to be wearing the same clothes; it appears to be the same weather/day. I think a lot of deals have been done and they are drip feeding us stories. Next will be Eddie and JT and then the finale will be Ryan;)
Haha I'm glad it's not just me daft enough to see the picture and start reading into it. I thought the chances of lining up an almost identical picture a few days later were unlikely, and why would you.

Also suspect the photo ops for these happened at the same time.

And who know what else if anything the media team have up their sleeve.

Seems odd to even be talking about AFCB, in Spain, lining up deals for the club's media operation. Tinpot hey.

I think if Travers is truly placed ahead of Ramsdale, which his debut last season would suggest, then this is good news and it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could become our number one next season. As a team we are not really very dependent on our keeper. He just needs to be competent and comfortable in distributing the ball. With our defence we’ll always concede, can’t see much harm in playing Travers over Boruc to be fair. Bego still flaps too much for my liking and I think he’s blown his chance here anyway but would be happy enough with Boruc and Travers in whichever order for next season.

No way is Ramsdale considered better than Travers when he has only played League One football so far and Travers has started twice in the Premier League.
From what ive seen he is a competant keeper and i think he will be Number One come the first game.

Good spot. Blake’s tracksuit top cuff is turned over in exactly the same way in both photos. The background is identical. Those two photos were taken within minutes of each other.

No way is Ramsdale considered better than Travers when he has only played League One football so far and Travers has started twice in the Premier League.
From what ive seen he is a competant keeper and i think he will be Number One come the first game.

I cmletely disagree and for the same reasns you said thsi

I’ll be quite happy to eat my hat but Eddie has a habit of playing youngsters in games where there is probably a much lower expectation on their shoulders. So playing Travers against Spurs fits that pattern.

I don’t think he’ll be starting the season but I guess we’ll see

1 clean sheet v 9 men, next conceded 5 goals...

Hmmm.

Funny, I watched that game and could have sworn Tottenham started with 11 men....

As for Palace, that was just a defensive shambles, very difficult to pin too much blame on Travers, it was more people in front of him signally failing to do their jobs properly

Good spot. Blake’s tracksuit top cuff is turned over in exactly the same way in both photos. The background is identical. Those two photos were taken within minutes of each other.

Thank you - nice to see my eagle eye is appreciated (and I haven't been accused of stalking and over analysing everything)!

I think if Travers is truly placed ahead of Ramsdale, which his debut last season would suggest, then this is good news and it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could become our number one next season. As a team we are not really very dependent on our keeper. He just needs to be competent and comfortable in distributing the ball. With our defence we’ll always concede, can’t see much harm in playing Travers over Boruc to be fair. Bego still flaps too much for my liking and I think he’s blown his chance here anyway but would be happy enough with Boruc and Travers in whichever order for next season.
Eddie could only give Travers his debut for that match. He couldn't have picked Ramsdale ahead of him as he was out on loan at the time!

Travers interview on AFCBTV - these are supposed to be the subtitles of what he is saying:

"You know there's a great rental, ISIS, and but and I want to see off was there was Cantor came to sign and quit my future..."

"And I was a great health getting called into the orders game four to two games..."

"It was a great learning curve as well, and I came back the bomb..."

I know he's Irish but...come on AFCB media team, sort yourselves out...

https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/interviews/travers-on-journey-to-new-contract?autoplay=true

It's some AI algorithm that does the subtitles, but I've noticed that on some videos recently the subtitles have been on by default (which is the media team's fault).
I was actually surprised when I watched the recent interview with Eddie; the subtitles were about 98% accurate.
I read an article a couple years ago about the problems experienced by people with "non-standard" accents when using voice recognition. It was more about people from the southern USA, or New Zealand, but I'd imagine Ireland would count too.

It's some AI algorithm that does the subtitles, but I've noticed that on some videos recently the subtitles have been on by default (which is the media team's fault).
I was actually surprised when I watched the recent interview with Eddie; the subtitles were about 98% accurate.
I read an article a couple years ago about the problems experienced by people with "non-standard" accents when using voice recognition. It was more about people from the southern USA, or New Zealand, but I'd imagine Ireland would count too.
My GPS voice in the car is awful, some woman trying to pronounce Swahili road names.

;