Mark Travers

Is it pronounced Tray-vers, or Travvers?

If he's to get a song, then this is important.

I don't get this at all. If he's on the books and trains well he should get the same chance as the rest of them. Sure he lost form but he's had many years of decent form at a higher level and internationally. Judge all players on their merits and current form.

He’s reportedly on £10k a week more than Callum Wilson, has certainly earned far less fan kudos points than Wilson with everything the striker has achieved at Dean Court and yet Wilson is being written off from all quarters for his form or has to be sold due to his salary.

But Begovic should have the slate cleared?

If the club is needing to sort out the player wages budgets, which is a fair assumption considering the loss of £70m in tv money, some form of deal to shuffle him out the door has to be the priority.

He’s reportedly on £10k a week more than Callum Wilson, has certainly earned far less fan kudos points than Wilson with everything the striker has achieved at Dean Court and yet Wilson is being written off from all quarters for his form or has to be sold due to his salary.

But Begovic should have the slate cleared?

If the club is needing to sort out the player wages budgets, which is a fair assumption considering the loss of £70m in tv money, some form of deal to shuffle him out the door has to be the priority.

Just because others have said Wilson should go doesn't mean I have. I'd sell begovic if we could but I suspect nobody is prepared to pay for him... so if he's on the books it absolutely should be a clean slate and see how he trains. Same goes for Wilson, Harry Arter or anyone else. Why would you rule players out without giving them a chance? If they are still crap they get dropped.

Travers still my #1 choice but if Bego can provide competition then all fine by me, may the best man get the Jersey.

We'll need all the experience we can get if no-one is rushing to sign him. People are talking about him like he's been deliberately crap in the past, he's not Fraser, get behind everyone FFS.

The only trouble is that if we commit to trying to use Begovic, we also have to commit to paying all of his wages for the next season. If these weren't so horrendously high then keeping him here and giving him another chance to prove himself would be an absolute no-brainer given that we've sold Ramsdale. I think however that the club would still prefer some other club to take him off our hands and at least pay some if not all of his wages. He would be a very highly paid substitute goalkeeper if we keep him. We could probably get somebody half-decent in to do the job for a lot less. I think that was the crux of DJ's post.

;