Match Report and MOM v Liverpool

Rubbish ! This is the first season we have played with total confidence in the Prem .. first couple of seasons we were like deer in the headlights half the time

What a load of rubbish with all due respect. Second season we were very confident bar one run. By the time we won easily at Swansea on New Year’s Day we looked like a team in total control. This season was equalling that up until a month ago but season 3 was hard. Even Eddie admitted it was our toughest yet.

A lot of rewriting history going on. We took points off the top six in all seasons before Christmas....apart from this one.

In our first 3 seasons up........the word Fear didn't exist...they couldn't spell it! It's crept in this last few weeks.....coinciding with Smith dropping out?
After the great start....injuries and tough fixtures have hi-jacked our euphoria! I was mega upset at 1430 and apologise for any negativity coming out of me since then.
The only football I'm watching tonight is a re-run on U- tube of Steve Cooks goal v Them two years back...he deserves that after his performances this year!

Fear has crept in this last few weeks?? Really? We didn't show fear at the Etihad....or at home to Man U or Arsenal...doubt we even showed fear at Newcastle or at home to Huddersfield....just didn't play too well, which is something different. Yesterday was the first time I've seen any form of lethargy and that was only the second half really.

"We took points off the top six in all seasons before Christmas....apart from this one." - this is a strange stat isn't it....when overall, we have looked very good and definitely becoming a very steady and decent PL team...yet Liverpool was the only game that we weren't in.
In the past, we always bent over for all the very best teams....we all said we wanted to try and bridge that gap....and we have in all the previous games this season, except yesterday. It has been very small margins and bad luck that has stopped us getting points against at least Man U and Arsenal.

The bottom line is that we cannot go into a game against a top six side like Liverpool with four key players missing i.e. A. Smith, Gosling, L. Cook and Wilson and still expect to get any kind of performance and result. Anybody who thought we could is a fully paid up member of the Rose Tinted Spectacle Brigade who can see no wrong in anything. We were awful against Huddersfield so things have been put into perspective.

If there is no small improvement with these injuries by next Saturday we will also find ourselves coming away from Wolves with nothing. At home they are a potent force and play good entertaining attacking football. If we go there with a powder puff midfield we will get turned over, make no mistake about it. This is not negativity, it is in fact realism.

What a load of rubbish with all due respect. Second season we were very confident bar one run. By the time we won easily at Swansea on New Year’s Day we looked like a team in total control. This season was equalling that up until a month ago but season 3 was hard. Even Eddie admitted it was our toughest yet.

A lot of rewriting history going on. We took points off the top six in all seasons before Christmas....apart from this one.
The top six have all strengthened considerably since Leicester won the title. We have too, but their improvements have been even stronger.

If we're performing worse against the top six then I'd say were doing better against teams outside that group. I can't prove it, but some of the results feel better. West Ham, Leicester, Watford and Wolves as I mentioned earlier.

Team wise I think we're better. Lerma has been a great addition to the squad. Wilson & Fraser going great guns. Brooks has been pretty decent too.

I think the loss of Adam Smith and Lewis Cook is a big blow. But not sure whether we'll address those in the January window.

Besides, when things aren't going well its the time this club has been known for pulling together. We need that spirit back too. It won't win points on its own but its a small part.

Fear has crept in this last few weeks?? Really? We didn't show fear at the Etihad....or at home to Man U or Arsenal...doubt we even showed fear at Newcastle or at home to Huddersfield....just didn't play too well, which is something different. Yesterday was the first time I've seen any form of lethargy and that was only the sec!ond half really.

I'm guessing it's Fear when we play Liverpool like That....and you can't possibly know for sure that it isnt!

"We took points off the top six in all seasons before Christmas....apart from this one." - this is a strange stat isn't it....when overall, we have looked very good and definitely becoming a very steady and decent PL team...yet Liverpool was the only game that we weren't in.
In the past, we always bent over for all the very best teams....we all said we wanted to try and bridge that gap....and we have in all the previous games this season, except yesterday. It has been very small margins and bad luck that has stopped us getting points against at least Man U and Arsenal.

Also worth remembering the first season when we won at Chelsea they finished 10th only 8 points above us.
The bottom line is that we cannot go into a game against a top six side like Liverpool with four key players missing i.e. A. Smith, Gosling, L. Cook and Wilson and still expect to get any kind of performance and result. Anybody who thought we could is a fully paid up member of the Rose Tinted Spectacle Brigade who can see no wrong in anything. We were awful against Huddersfield so things have been put into perspective.

If there is no small improvement with these injuries by next Saturday we will also find ourselves coming away from Wolves with nothing. At home they are a potent force and play good entertaining attacking football. If we go there with a powder puff midfield we will get turned over, make no mistake about it. This is not negativity, it is in fact realism.

Yep Wolves - so potent at home that they lost to Huddersfield and Watford and in the process became the only team that Huddersfield have scored twice against all season. Wolves are also the 5th lowest scorers in the PL this season, if anything they are more known for a strong defence - you do spout some nonsense at times.
As for injuries well we know Smith and Cook are out for certain - so we just get on with it don't we.

Direct from our match of the day pundit
Difference between me and a pundit is I'm not starstruck by the rich clubs as most of them are....I just see 11 players versus 11 on any given day when for 90 minutes it's down to what is put into it by any given picked team! Simple. Don't always watch Motd....sometimes Sky , sometimes Radio only. Closer up view on Sky than in parts of DC and other grounds.......I don't subscribe to the view that it you don't attend DC....that you know 'F##kAll'.
I think I know more about football than some little Prep school Prat/Bounder that sits down near the corner flag at DC texting his Poppymoll with a bagful of Haribos sloshing around his tonsils!
Plenty of ' pundits' outside the 10,000 + EMPTY SEATS that would be in the ground ' knowing more about Boscombes football' if they could!
In a couple of years if they build a Stadium and my wife is well again, and I'm fit and able ...I will attend....and by f##k will I make myself heard!

Realism has absolutely nothing to do with being a football fan smhinto you're wasting your time banging on about tbh.....as Bournemouth fans we all realise that we are unlikely to get anything against the top sides...but we HOPE we will...now hope has everything to do with being a football fan smhinto....ok i realise that HOPE isn't a word you can empathise with due to your condition but not to worry i'm sure the rest of us will more than make up for any lack of HOPE on your behalf......:utc:

p.s get well soon....

Just an observation; I am just beginning to question the defence's coaching. I understand that when it comes to goals scored against us the whole team has to take some responsibility but compared with some teams the defence is not good at playing out the ball with feet. Just before Liverpool's goal Daniels was by himself in the middle of the pitch when the ball came to him out of the Liverpool defence. He had time to take the ball down and re-distribute it but he didn't, he headed it back, straight to a Liverpool player and from that attack they scored. Every warm up the back four are put into a line and have ball heading practice, it seems now to be in their muscle memory. To my untrained eye when that sort of header is used it tends to go to opposition and the pressure is put straight back on to the defence. Given the conditions there was head tennis today but Liverpool managed to be much better in making choices both with head and feet out of defence.

Couldn't agree more and I think there was some discussion about this a while back, maybe after the Man United game. We tend to float a lot of defensive headers back in to no man's land and lose possession cheaply. There needs to be a better short option, or encourage the defenders to take the ball down. If we're going to live with 40% possession in games then we can't afford to be so wasteful with the ball.

Also worth remembering the first season when we won at Chelsea they finished 10th only 8 points above us.

Yep Wolves - so potent at home that they lost to Huddersfield and Watford and in the process became the only team that Huddersfield have scored twice against all season. Wolves are also the 5th lowest scorers in the PL this season, if anything they are more known for a strong defence - you do spout some nonsense at times.
As for injuries well we know Smith and Cook are out for certain - so we just get on with it don't we.[/QUOTE

Correct in that we have to get on with it. Also they got a result against Chelsea of which will have lifted them. But don't expect us to get any kind of result up there due to key players missing. Lets hope they don't get anything at Newcastle today as that will lift even further.

Realism has absolutely nothing to do with being a football fan smhinto you're wasting your time banging on about tbh.....as Bournemouth fans we all realise that we are unlikely to get anything against the top sides...but we HOPE we will...now hope has everything to do with being a football fan smhinto....ok i realise that HOPE isn't a word you can empathise with due to your condition but not to worry i'm sure the rest of us will more than make up for any lack of HOPE on your behalf......:utc:

p.s get well soon....

Yes but there are some who went to the game yesterday and actually thought we were going to get a result even with key players missing. I do HOPE we get something at Wolves but my head tells me we won't.

Yes but there are some who went to the game yesterday and actually thought we were going to get a result even with key players missing. I do HOPE we get something at Wolves but my head tells me we won't.
Really!....where did you get that idea from?....and why do you object so venomously to a bit positivity...what does it matter to you?.....oops sorry i know its not your fault....we all live in HOPE imo...well nearly all of us...
anyway chin up....:utc:

Your first sentence is quite correct and can be directly referenced to your second sentence.

You appear to have already forgotten last season where we lost our first 7 games against the "big 6" and got our only points against them with the two wins over Arsenal and Chelsea in JANUARY 2018. In my calendar that is post Christmas.

Guardiola and Klopp make mistakes occasionally, as does Eddie.....but they have enough game- changers of top quality to bale them out. Mourihno has struggled to turn it around with the players he has and when Chelsea have an off period they are awful...likewise Spurs and Arsenal.
So on Monday......think about what Eddies situation really is....everything to gain with fresh starts, new ideas all backed up with Hope and our Support.....Ok we have a moan about this and that but Christ we are still on The Ride!

Last edited:

;