Match Report and MOM v Southampton

Stubbornness to change!.....honestly i don't know where this comes from.....as mentioned umpteen times on here we"ve played every formation known to man this season....often 2-3 in the course of a game..
..Eddie must be one of the most flexible managers in the league when it comes to systems.

If you can't see it I can't help you.
It's very basic, it's the formation we've played the most and the formation that has produced our worst results this season.
I'll give you a clue, a 2 man midfield in a flat 442 or 4411. Doesn't work for us.
Of course we've played other formations like Chelsea away, where we won, Man City away where we had the most shots of any away side since Pep has been in charge.
Since lockdown can you see the difference between when we've played the 442/4411 and 541 or 352? You can split hairs but we know which games we've started with one or the other.

If you can't see it I can't help you.
It's very basic, it's the formation we've played the most and the formation that has produced our worst results this season.
I'll give you a clue, a 2 man midfield in a flat 442 or 4411. Doesn't work for us.
Of course we've played other formations like Chelsea away, where we won, Man City away where we had the most shots of any away side since Pep has been in charge.
Since lockdown can you see the difference between when we've played the 442/4411 and 541 or 352? You can split hairs but we know which games we've started with one or the other.
Lol there's nothing to see.....you proved my argument in your last paragraph......stubborn Eddie has played FOUR different formations since lockdown!......name another manager that has been that flexible.

I don't think it's necessarily just about the formation, although at times that hasn't seemed to have helped. Constantly playing his underperforming favourite players, Eddie has only got himself to blame for that and his reputation has suffered as a result.

There’s two factors. Formation and where you sit that formation on the pitch (philosophy )

When 4-4-2 worked for Eddie his team were high up the pitch and the full backs overlapping constantly. For the last 18 months he has played it sat very deep with the full backs pinned back. Again that would work if you played long ball... Leicester won a title like this... but we didn’t we tried to play out from a deep position against world class players.

You can’t look at formations without looking at the part of the pitch you put them on. It’s these factors combined that raise severe questions over our coaching teams ability to manage in the top flight.

There’s two factors. Formation and where you sit that formation on the pitch (philosophy )

When 4-4-2 worked for Eddie his team were high up the pitch and the full backs overlapping constantly. For the last 18 months he has played it sat very deep with the full backs pinned back. Again that would work if you played long ball... Leicester won a title like this... but we didn’t we tried to play out from a deep position against world class players.

You can’t look at formations without looking at the part of the pitch you put them on. It’s these factors combined that raise severe questions over our coaching teams ability to manage in the top flight.
Spot on

Stubbornness to change!.....honestly i don't know where this comes from.....as mentioned umpteen times on here we"ve played every formation known to man this season....often 2-3 in the course of a game..
..Eddie must be one of the most flexible managers in the league when it comes to systems.

Flexible in changing systems, just employing the wrong players to do it.

Lol there's nothing to see.....you proved my argument in your last paragraph......stubborn Eddie has played FOUR different formations since lockdown!......name another manager that has been that flexible.

Missing the point. He's played the right formation when backed into a corner ie. 2nd half v Leicester and then stubbornly returned to a two man mid against Southampton following it's abject failure against Palace and Newcastle. The point I'm making is surely after the performance v Leicester and Man City you'd stick with that?

Yes FFS and when we change it we play better and occasionally get a result but he still reverts to type time and time again and we are shite. Are you the only person that can't see that?

Yes FFS and when we change it we play better and occasionally get a result but he still reverts to type time and time again and we are shite. Are you the only person that can't see that?

No, there’s DJ too. And Del.

They normally arrive in quick succession, hands in the air, praising our lord....

You can tell Saints players wanted to relegate us for their fans, apart from Danny Ings of course that is the most deliberate pen miss I've ever seen and I don't want to send the team that made my career down and I don't think he meant to score the 1st. They will still sing like hes one of their own next season of course.

I don’t know why any of you were so surprised by the performance against Soton as we have been suffering similar ones for ages, let alone since the restart.

We have been abject against mediocre teams such as Palace and Newcastle. Awful against a better Wolves side. Couldn’t beat a woefully out of form on the day Spurs. Papered over the cracks by scoring two against Utd. We were so delirious that we scored, we forgave them the five they conceded. We were just our usual level of **************** against Soton. Turgid, slow painful football.

If it wasn’t for the fact that other teams such as Watford and Villa have also been utter crap, we would, and should, have been relegated ages ago.

I expect another insipid display of slow paced nonsense against Everton on Sunday as Eddie leads us to the Championship with his formations, substitutions and excuses for his players.

Bring on the Championship with the youngsters and plenty of pace. The AFCB we have loved watching up until 18 months ago.

You can tell Saints players wanted to relegate us for their fans, apart from Danny Ings of course that is the most deliberate pen miss I've ever seen and I don't want to send the team that made my career down and I don't think he meant to score the 1st. They will still sing like hes one of their own next season of course.
If you read their forum, most of their fans have a soft spot for us.

Well he is one of their own.

Occasionally get a result!....lol.....how occasionally exactly?.....i can think of only Chelsea away playing 451 and Aston Villa at home playing 433 and i suppose you could count the Leicester second half where we deployed wing backs against 10 men......we gave 433 a good go this season but there was a reason why we binned it.......or am i the only one who can remember all the shite performances?

;