Match report v Reading

that’s a different question! If people say he is ineffectual then that is fair for quite a lot of games. But lazy suggests not getting round the pitch, which the stats clearly dispute.

I do think he is the automatic scapegoat for some though. Kirssika’s scores had 6 players with equal or lower scores which felt right to me, although not necessarily the same six. This said I was v angry with his miscontrol that broke up our attack and set up their third goal.
Yes that’s fair enough.
I think the “ lazy “ tag can applied to his (lack of) heading or commitment in the tackle - at times there’s no effort - though he’s not the only one !

billing appears mentally lazy. He completely switches off and gives away free kicks when he can't be bothered getting into the defensive position.

Danjuma looked “lively” for about 20 minutes then does nothing however the whole team were embarrassing.

You know it’s bad when the whole team, to a man, was absolutely woeful. Rico and Billing both need a long spell out the team and/or sold. We desperately need a left back.

I know it’s been said before, and I know he’s only captain because he’s been here the longest, but Steve Cook is not a leader. Every time the camera panned on him he was just shrugging his shoulders or moaning at someone. I kept shouting at my TV trying to spur him on to give the team a boost.

Mepham, Welsh international, do me a favour

People finally wising up to Lerma. He is absolute dog shite. We paid 25m for a player who is no better than Dan f******g Gosling.

The defence as a whole were absolutely pants and have been for a while. Mepham was bought for the Prem as a top Championship defender, as was Kelly. Both look a million miles from being decent at any level. Cook got turned far too easily for their 3rd but then with Mepham and Rico either side, he's covering more than he should be.
If Smith is our best left back, when he's a right back, we're in real trouble.
And don't get me started about the front line. King was the best and he wants away. Solanke is a confidence player and earlier in the season he had some, but if you lose that confidence completely with one miss (as he seems to) he's not good enough. You can, to a degree, train a player to kick a ball, but he seems to get his legs in a knot far too often. I'd have no confidence in him to stick the ball in the net if it's already in there.
I could go on, but it's too depressing.

The defence as a whole were absolutely pants and have been for a while. Mepham was bought for the Prem as a top Championship defender, as was Kelly. Both look a million miles from being decent at any level. Cook got turned far too easily for their 3rd but then with Mepham and Rico either side, he's covering more than he should be.
If Smith is our best left back, when he's a right back, we're in real trouble.
And don't get me started about the front line. King was the best and he wants away. Solanke is a confidence player and earlier in the season he had some, but if you lose that confidence completely with one miss (as he seems to) he's not good enough. You can, to a degree, train a player to kick a ball, but he seems to get his legs in a knot far too often. I'd have no confidence in him to stick the ball in the net if it's already in there.
I could go on, but it's too depressing.

Very interesting points BIL. I think you should show your good lady the comments about Kelly. ;)

Billing Kelly Rico Mepham Solanke and some others could not have believed their collective good fortune when the AFCB Moneytree came their way - the payback the club and fans have had from them has been sub optimal. And that is being generous!

Begovic 2 cooks Stan and solanke are the 5 players I would pick everytime this year.the rest are not reliable but very talented.how do we get the rest to perform to the required level?

Begovic 2 cooks Stan and solanke are the 5 players I would pick everytime this year.the rest are not reliable but very talented.how do we get the rest to perform to the required level?
If king is staying as now seems likely, he has to start he's our most talented player. Think you have to add wilshire, probably Stacey at right back. Not sure what CCv has done wrong, has looked pretty solid when he's played. Mepham and kelly at CB look poor defensively and distribution.
LB is a problem position, Rico is not up to it, I don't like Smith there, which only leaves Kelly.
Pearson might fill the other midfield slot. So based on this
Bego
Stacey, cvv, cook, Kelly
Cook, Pearson, wilshire
Junior, solanke, king

;