Match Report

Come on Waz there was only 3 short paragraphs, with only one simple question. It’s a stretch of the truth even by your standards to say it was difficult to respond to.

Your Rico comment typifies the kinds of things I have read directed across social media. Comments made by our own ‘fans’ that are completely over the top, directed at our own players, usually immediately after a defeat. There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging when players have poor games, but giving him zero and suggesting he should leave? That’s just a strop mate. And yes, it does affect players and their families to read crap like that. I reserve my right to call you out on it.

It’s my firm opinion that Rico has been unfairly scapegoated for a while now (the latest in a long line of players and he won’t be the last). Last night he had a poor game, he'd be the first to admit that. To me he looked tired. But as usual he was one of the few players willing to put in an early cross (how long did it take the likes of Stanislas and Danjuma to put a cross in? By which time Cardiff had the entire team back). How poor were Billing, Kelly, Lerma last night and yet I don't see them getting anywhere near the same treatment.

Did you actually watch Rico against QPR? Because I did, and he was one of our better players. Go and rewatch the full match and actually pay attention to his workrate up and down the wing rather than just focusing on the misplaced passes (not the only one guilty of this in that game). So no, I won't go along with your agenda that he's been poor for a long time.

I haven’t been living under any ‘rick’. JW needs time to learn. Any manager coming in needs time to learn. Learn about the players, the best tactics, formations etc. We lost the option of a manager who didn’t need to learn all this when we sacked Tindall (who surprise surprise you said wasn’t good enough and needed to leave). I agree, the tactics last night were awful, and he needs to LEARN from this.

Regarding previous reports what I ACTUALLY said was “they have been far less reactionary than this one" so where did I say that you only write balanced reports when we win? My original comment was regarding your posts in general, not specifically match reports. I stand by it.

Ahh my cherry on top of the cake, my crowning glory, my piece de resistance was to misquote you again I’m so sorry. You didn’t say it was the worst football you’d seen, you said you’d never enjoyed watching football less. Which is kind of splitting hairs don’t you think?

I do find it strange that you carry on watching football during a period which has been so joyless for you, and hate yourself so much that you choose this period to write match reports for all the joyless matches.

You’re an odd character Waz.
Well i watched a bit of the QPR game again in the hope that Stan playing as a wing back really didn't happen but no there he was.....Rico was sat on the bench.

Well i watched a bit of the QPR game again in the hope that Stan playing as a wing back really didn't happen but no there he was.....Rico was sat on the bench.
Hahaha you are right lol you must really have been watching Rico really closely against QPR Red Sky considering he was an unused substitute. I assume you are referring to his performance in the warm up? And you say that I’m an odd character. A clear case of arguing for the sake of it. Get your facts in check next time before you go spouting nonsense mate lol

Hi all,

Here is the xG plot, which shows what an awful 10 minutes we had in that first half. With their first goal does anyone know where Billing was positioned? Doesn't he normally take the front post? This isn't a pop at Billing, he must have been told by JW where to be. Also surprised Lerma didn't jump. For the pen, Rico never seems to be close enough to his man (see question on another thread). That tackle was reminiscent on Phil Neville in the Euros, we could all see what was going to happen but hoped the player wouldn't make an awful decision.

Probably unlike many others, I actually enjoyed a fair chunk of the second half as I'd resigned myself to losing and then we were creating a few chances. The hope perked me up, even if it was unfounded. Maybe we just need to downgrade our expectations to enjoy the game (and of course, try and attack!). The formation / result table I've posted surprisingly shows we score more with 2 up front....

View attachment 5154
I think Surridge was meant to be marking the first goal-scorer; at least he was within 5 yards but it's anyone's guess really

Tonight I decided I can’t be bothered to put in the usual effort. Although I still put in a great deal more than the players.
-We are s**t. The formation was s**t. Woodgate is s**t.
-Lots of sideways passing
-Never looked like getting anywhere with it"

You really do talk rubbish
Without Phillips, Cardiff would of lost
Its strange how Cardiff supporters made their goalkeeper their MOM with 4 great saves.

Hahaha you are right lol you must really have been watching Rico really closely against QPR Red Sky considering he was an unused substitute. I assume you are referring to his performance in the warm up? And you say that I’m an odd character. A clear case of arguing for the sake of it. Get your facts in check next time before you go spouting nonsense mate lol

Boom!!!! Mike drop .

Oops too many games. It must have been Rotherham. The last game he was getting abuse anyway.

;