Match Report

If you think this match report is fair and balanced then you need a reality check. It's reactionary bull. Giving Rico a 0 and saying he should leave is a massive toys out of the pram overreaction and not reflective of his performance last night or over the season. At a time when certain players are getting dogs abuse across social media, crap like this does nothing to help the team unite.

We have played ONE game since JW was officially given the reins. ONE. So back to my original question, are you willing to give him time to learn and put things right or is he already "not the right man for the job" whether he wins or loses?

As for your recent match reports, they have been far less reactionary than this one, but then again we've been getting results. Under Tindall it was the same reactionary garbage, "the worst football I've ever seen" not a fair and balanced assessment in the slightest.
There is so much nonsense in what you say it’s difficult to respond to it all, but I’ll do my best.
-first of all, you genuinely believe that my comment re Rico on an Internet forum has any influence on the teams ability to unite? What a ridiculous thing to say.
-re Rico, I don’t know what player you’ve been watching but he has been very poor for a long time now. Positionally he is all over the place, attack after attack breaks down with him losing possession and when he swings in a cross it is an absolute lottery as to where it will end up. To often this season it has ended up hitting the first man or in the stand. He did put in one decent one yesterday though so I’ll give you that. He is terrible and I doubt you’ll get many people with a differing opinion.
-You talk about JW needing time to learn. Firstly what Rick have you been living under? He hasn’t got any time! He has 15 games and has been (I assume) tasked with winning promotion, by the time he has ‘learnt the ropes’ we will have finished bottom half and he will be unemployed. Secondly, he shouldn’t bloody we’ll need time to be able to work out that that line up last night was a complete and utter disaster! Virtually everybody’s remarks when first seeing it were that it was far too negative and an accident waiting to happen. Why should our highly paid coach need time to figure out what is glaringly obvious to every Tom Dick and Harry?
-Lastly, I only started writing match reports after JT had left. I try to stick to reporting the events of the game while leaving personal bias to one side, yesterday was the first time I was unable to do this and decided to vent instead. And btw we but in a very sub par display against Forest and lost vs QPR, so you’re claim that I only write balanced reports when we win is again total nonsense.
-And finally, you put the cherry on top of the cake by falsely quoting me. I never said that this was the worst football I’d seen, I said that this group of players is one of the most dislikable that I can remember watching. And it is their half arsed nature and lack of application I was referring to when comparing to the Quinn era, not the quality of football which is clearly on another level.

But you keep on spouting that nonsense buddy if it makes you feel better

If you think this match report is fair and balanced then you need a reality check. It's reactionary bull. Giving Rico a 0 and saying he should leave is a massive toys out of the pram overreaction and not reflective of his performance last night or over the season. At a time when certain players are getting dogs abuse across social media, crap like this does nothing to help the team unite.

We have played ONE game since JW was officially given the reins. ONE. So back to my original question, are you willing to give him time to learn and put things right or is he already "not the right man for the job" whether he wins or loses?

As for your recent match reports, they have been far less reactionary than this one, but then again we've been getting results. Under Tindall it was the same reactionary garbage, "the worst football I've ever seen" not a fair and balanced assessment in the slightest.

I don't think you know what reactionary actually means.

Last night was the first time for a long time that I wasn't stressed or wound up by the football. I saw the team selection and couldn't understand the 5 defenders. A very conservative selection.
We started off OK but that faded after 10 minutes or so. Gradually Cardiff took over and their first goal wasn't a shock.
Watched just a bit of the second half, lost interest, there were better things to watch on the TV, sheep farming and an article about Trump unbelievably.
by the sound of it a 1-2 defeat flatters us.

Just saddened and disappointed. Thank heavens Eddie left as he couldn't get this lot to play last season.

I stopped watching at halftime, and went for a walk, with headphones & commentary. Its definitely not so painful to just listen - much better than watching.

There is so much nonsense in what you say it’s difficult to respond to it all, but I’ll do my best.
-first of all, you genuinely believe that my comment re Rico on an Internet forum has any influence on the teams ability to unite? What a ridiculous thing to say.
-re Rico, I don’t know what player you’ve been watching but he has been very poor for a long time now. Positionally he is all over the place, attack after attack breaks down with him losing possession and when he swings in a cross it is an absolute lottery as to where it will end up. To often this season it has ended up hitting the first man or in the stand. He did put in one decent one yesterday though so I’ll give you that. He is terrible and I doubt you’ll get many people with a differing opinion.
-You talk about JW needing time to learn. Firstly what Rick have you been living under? He hasn’t got any time! He has 15 games and has been (I assume) tasked with winning promotion, by the time he has ‘learnt the ropes’ we will have finished bottom half and he will be unemployed. Secondly, he shouldn’t bloody we’ll need time to be able to work out that that line up last night was a complete and utter disaster! Virtually everybody’s remarks when first seeing it were that it was far too negative and an accident waiting to happen. Why should our highly paid coach need time to figure out what is glaringly obvious to every Tom Dick and Harry?
-Lastly, I only started writing match reports after JT had left. I try to stick to reporting the events of the game while leaving personal bias to one side, yesterday was the first time I was unable to do this and decided to vent instead. And btw we but in a very sub par display against Forest and lost vs QPR, so you’re claim that I only write balanced reports when we win is again total nonsense.
-And finally, you put the cherry on top of the cake by falsely quoting me. I never said that this was the worst football I’d seen, I said that this group of players is one of the most dislikable that I can remember watching. And it is their half arsed nature and lack of application I was referring to when comparing to the Quinn era, not the quality of football which is clearly on another level.

But you keep on spouting that nonsense buddy if it makes you feel better

Come on Waz there was only 3 short paragraphs, with only one simple question. It’s a stretch of the truth even by your standards to say it was difficult to respond to.

Your Rico comment typifies the kinds of things I have read directed across social media. Comments made by our own ‘fans’ that are completely over the top, directed at our own players, usually immediately after a defeat. There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging when players have poor games, but giving him zero and suggesting he should leave? That’s just a strop mate. And yes, it does affect players and their families to read crap like that. I reserve my right to call you out on it.

It’s my firm opinion that Rico has been unfairly scapegoated for a while now (the latest in a long line of players and he won’t be the last). Last night he had a poor game, he'd be the first to admit that. To me he looked tired. But as usual he was one of the few players willing to put in an early cross (how long did it take the likes of Stanislas and Danjuma to put a cross in? By which time Cardiff had the entire team back). How poor were Billing, Kelly, Lerma last night and yet I don't see them getting anywhere near the same treatment.

Did you actually watch Rico against QPR? Because I did, and he was one of our better players. Go and rewatch the full match and actually pay attention to his workrate up and down the wing rather than just focusing on the misplaced passes (not the only one guilty of this in that game). So no, I won't go along with your agenda that he's been poor for a long time.

I haven’t been living under any ‘rick’. JW needs time to learn. Any manager coming in needs time to learn. Learn about the players, the best tactics, formations etc. We lost the option of a manager who didn’t need to learn all this when we sacked Tindall (who surprise surprise you said wasn’t good enough and needed to leave). I agree, the tactics last night were awful, and he needs to LEARN from this.

Regarding previous reports what I ACTUALLY said was “they have been far less reactionary than this one" so where did I say that you only write balanced reports when we win? My original comment was regarding your posts in general, not specifically match reports. I stand by it.

Ahh my cherry on top of the cake, my crowning glory, my piece de resistance was to misquote you again I’m so sorry. You didn’t say it was the worst football you’d seen, you said you’d never enjoyed watching football less. Which is kind of splitting hairs don’t you think?

I do find it strange that you carry on watching football during a period which has been so joyless for you, and hate yourself so much that you choose this period to write match reports for all the joyless matches.

You’re an odd character Waz.

So wait. Taking misplaced passes into account is not an accurate reflection on a full backs performance. So as long as Rico gets up and down the wing then he’s had a good game, regardless of the fact that he gives the ball away the majority of the time and hits the first man on virtually every cross. What on earth are you on about lol
I’m not going to argue with you anymore as I feel it would get us nowhere. I suggest that if my posts wind you up so much (they clearly do) then you block me for the good of your blood pressure.

Funny that nobody seems to be on your side on this one. Maybe you are the funny character my friend

I don't expect anyone to be on my side after another lacklustre defeat, but as a fan with an alternative view point I'm offering a voice of reason in the sea of hysteria and the call for more heads to roll with the current management barely having their foot in the door. To give ourselves the best shot this season we need stability and to support the team and manager.

So wait. Taking misplaced passes into account is not an accurate reflection on a full backs performance. So as long as Rico gets up and down the wing then he’s had a good game, regardless of the fact that he gives the ball away the majority of the time and hits the first man on virtually every cross. What on earth are you on about lol
I’m not going to argue with you anymore as I feel it would get us nowhere. I suggest that if my posts wind you up so much (they clearly do) then you block me for the good of your blood pressure.

Who's misquoting who now? No Rico had a good game vs QPR because his overall performance over the 90 minutes was good and he left everything on the pitch. But everyone picked up on a couple of passes because he's flavour of the month.

I like how you say he hits the first man on virtually every cross (not even statistically true), ignoring the number of players who don't put in a cross, check back and then lose the ball. It's like that quote "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

Look mate, don't give yourself too much credit. My blood pressure is absolutely fine. A debate is a healthy way to express and develop opinions and blocking everyone you disagree with would create a pretty boring bubble. But if you say something I think is unfair then I'm going to be the dissenting voice.

I don’t want to read objective match reports. We are fans not sports reporters. I always enjoyed Neil’s reports and I enjoy Waz’s also. I have written a couple in the past. It is quite a task and commitment.

I would love to see others write them. Other views are always important. We disagree because it’s football. None of us are objective.

Red Sky, maybe write a match report. I’d read it. An alternate view is always welcome.

For reference I'm on Red Skys side and think Waz is throwing so mzny toys out of his pram there will soon be none left. For the record it was grim the other night but have sat through much worse, and the Rico comments are sad. Hope you not a man manager in the real world.

For reference I'm on Red Skys side and think Waz is throwing so mzny toys out of his pram there will soon be none left. For the record it was grim the other night but have sat through much worse, and the Rico comments are sad. Hope you not a man manager in the real world.
Yes I agree too, yes Rico had a poor game, but zero!!! Bit like waz comment a few weeks back that lerma was getting in the way, and we were better off when he was wrongly sent off

I don’t want to read objective match reports. We are fans not sports reporters. I always enjoyed Neil’s reports and I enjoy Waz’s also. I have written a couple in the past. It is quite a task and commitment.

I would love to see others write them. Other views are always important. We disagree because it’s football. None of us are objective.

Red Sky, maybe write a match report. I’d read it. An alternate view is always welcome.

I don't want to read objective match reports either. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to write them and was a keen reader of Neil's reports despite rarely being in complete agreement.

But I don't find targeting players for harsh individual criticism particularly becoming of a supporter. And I'm not going to sit here reading what I consider potentially damaging comments and let them go unchallenged just because he's taken the time to write them. I've called Neil out in the past and I'll do it to anyone else. Surely that's part of the open discussion and debate?

Point taken though, I've been around long enough and probably should contribute to some of the match reports as well.

;