Matias Vina

I can't do the link but according to Fabrizio Romano, Flamengo are prepared to improve their bid to sign Matias Vina. I wish him well.

I really like him - great attacking and not sure kerkez’ defending was noticeably better than his upon signing.

Think we've missed a trick here, but do like the look of Kerkez. Wish Vina well.
Vina was amazing with attacks. Never understood why we didn't keep him, but there must have been something. Wage expectations maybe or defensive stats in training.

His face was a picture, though when he was being shown around. Basically said, 'What kind of tinpot facilities are these?'.

Tbf howe took similar approach.

Recall each window how anxious people were getting over non stop links with wingers, and if we signed wingers right away before other positions.

It's been the case for years and I suspect it's the same at most clubs.

Two £10m-£15m left backs in one window just doesn't seem realistic. Wingers is a different story.

Saying that we do need to sign a Kelly replacement soon if he's off.

It's been the case for years and I suspect it's the same at most clubs.

Two £10m-£15m left backs in one window just doesn't seem realistic. Wingers is a different story.

Saying that we do need to sign a Kelly replacement soon if he's off.

it is if Kelly leaves. Not so much if we had him and Kerkesz wrapped up for foreeable.

Shame, as those two, with option of Kelly slotting in at cb when needed, is pretty much ideal for our current stature and future aspirations of moving towards being mid table, longer term push for UEFA spot...

Funny thing is, that back in summer, not many would have been that bothered about Kelly moving on. But Spurs bid and turnaround under AI, now has the fanbase feeling a bit gutted by Kelly more than likely moving on.

And as we'e discussed before, he has to do it imo if offer is on table from top 6 type club... not so much if its a West Ham... that would be annoying imo.

it is if Kelly leaves. Not so much if we had him and Kerkesz wrapped up for foreeable.

Shame, as those two, with option of Kelly slotting in at cb when needed, is pretty much ideal for our current stature and future aspirations of moving towards being mid table, longer term push for UEFA spot...

Funny thing is, that back in summer, not many would have been that bothered about Kelly moving on. But Spurs bid and turnaround under AI, now has the fanbase feeling a bit gutted by Kelly more than likely moving on.

And as we'e discussed before, he has to do it imo if offer is on table from top 6 type club... not so much if its a West Ham... that would be annoying imo.

Like a few others I've always thought Kelly was underappreciated by many of our supporters. Mind you even those who just think he's alright will agree that he leaves a big hole in the squad if he goes.

I think Kelly is very good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kelly booed by our home crowd when he played lots of sideways and back passes under orders from our then manager, Parker?
Probably decided then, that when he could, he'd leave under his own terms.

I think Kelly is very good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kelly booed by our home crowd when he played lots of sideways and back passes under orders from our then manager, Parker?
Probably decided then, that when he could, he'd leave under his own terms.
In part, keeping possession but also a sign of not enough movement upfront to find a player in space given the low block tactics often used against us.

Surman used to help out the defence by recycling the ball better than a risky long ball from the back but we miss that now. It was noticeable in the Burnley cup game, when lloyd got a lot of stick, that about 4 times he passed short to billing and he passed straight back to Kelly. Surely, the midfielders should take it off defenders given their passing ability. Felt it was unfair that Kelly got the stick for that.

;