Matt O Riley

Celtic maybe but the league as a whole isn't.

I wonder if Celtic competed in the Championship (without any financial changes) it would lead to a decline over a few seasons.

Often find that not needing to be competitive in a league flatters a side because they can have form drops, squad rebuilds, etc without the pressure of potentially not performing.

My original point was this guy would be playing against League two/League one standard teams so it's a similar step up to Dembele.

Not saying he isn't good but you should temper your expectations as he's been playing at a lower level than say Scott who looked class at a level above or Adams who had great numbers in a struggling Premier League side.
Why should any club in the championship not have the benefit of TV money and their own sponsorship and retail revenue?
Interesting idea if applied to the PL

Best player in the championship should be starring at league 1 level surely

If a player who from the age of 24 didn't command a single transfer fee and was bouncing around short term contracts was the "best player in the Championship" at the time you'd think they wouldn't have let him go on a free.

A bit embarrassing that's the best evidence you can come up with.

Why should any club in the championship not have the benefit of TV money and their own sponsorship and retail revenue?

Rangers and Celtic only have the support they do because they've dominated their league for well over a hundred years, plus obviously the fact that they've both dined out on sectarianism and taken it straight to the bank. This wouldn't be the case if they had to play in the English league throughout their history. They are also the reason the Scottish league is so uncompetitive and unpopular for TV audiences hence the shoddy deals they get time after time. Nobody to blame but the old firm.

I'd be amazed if you were stupid enough to miss the point we're talking about Celtic's level rather than suggesting they join the English football pyramid.

this is the chap
another comedy classic for those who possess a sense of humour, and for those who don't, much pearl-clutching and offense taking;

View attachment 13014

Do people actually take offence? Really? Or is it just made up to make the usual suspects angry?

Everyone I know appreciates the difference between comedy and real life.

Now could everyone stop talking about the war...

Rangers and Celtic only have the support they do because they've dominated their league for well over a hundred years, plus obviously the fact that they've both dined out on sectarianism and taken it straight to the bank. This wouldn't be the case if they had to play in the English league throughout their history. They are also the reason the Scottish league is so uncompetitive and unpopular for TV audiences hence the shoddy deals they get time after time. Nobody to blame but the old firm.
Interesting analysis from our dont give a stuff correspondent

Has the situation improved or worsened since the demise of the Old Firm in 2012 ?

Will the Foley investment improve the management and player quality at Hibernian ?

Interesting analysis from our dont give a stuff correspondent

Has the situation improved or worsened since the demise of the Old Firm in 2012 ?

Will the Foley investment improve the management and player quality at Hibernian ?

I'm not a Scottish football fan Jim so I don't care whether you think Rangers is a different club or not. Personally I dislike all big clubs who dominate leagues and hoover up resources so I dislike both Rangers and Celtic equally as a matter of principle.

Hopefully Hibs do get some success to stick it to the old firm clubs, F*ck em.

Do people actually take offence? Really? Or is it just made up to make the usual suspects angry?

Everyone I know appreciates the difference between comedy and real life.

Now could everyone stop talking about the war...

you'd hope so wouldn't you but some seem to have turned taking offense into a cottage industry

I think it's called virtue signalling

I'm not a Scottish football fan Jim so I don't care whether you think Rangers is a different club or not. Personally I dislike all big clubs who dominate leagues and hoover up resources so I dislike both Rangers and Celtic equally as a matter of principle.

Hopefully Hibs do get some success to stick it to the old firm clubs, F*ck em.
What about big clubs who hoover up resources but don't dominate leagues. How many of them are on dislike?

AFCB did well in hoovering up players on the journey up the leagues.

TheRangers have won 3 trophies since 2012 hardly a decade of domination

So there are no better players out there than the ones we have. Thats quite a statement.

Not sure if this was in reply to what I said, so apologies if not, but this isn’t what I said, or meant, and I’m not sure why you thought that! I literally just meant of all the positions to strengthen, No10 would be be at the bottom of list in terms of priorities for me. Not…that there are no better No10s in the world lol.

I don’t know how good this guy is, but the one position we definitely don’t need strengthening in is the No10 position. Seems a bit frivolous.
I guess Billing might want to move on in the summer. It's good to have a replacement ready in the squad to move in.

Did this make sense in your head?
As much sense as the continuity myth of the old firm featuring a club whose board opted for liquidation or the misinformation of relegation of a club with no licence to play.

Back on topic perhaps a swap deal involving Dennis or will he be at Hibs next season.

;