Max-Alain Gradel

Preseason offers every player a chance to stake a claim.

And it's not a given that any of our new signings will start first game of the season.

Max needs to force his case if he wants to play regularly.

We seem to all agree on Max's ability. He was unlucky with his injury and as has been said may have come back to soon. IMO he needs a run of games and I for one would like it to be with AFCB. :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: Cheers

Grumpy G - 7/7/2017 17:16

That would be form shown in L1?

Can't remember him showing anything too much in the PL.

Short memory...

http://www.shoot.co.uk/magic-max-gradels-return-has-revitalised-bournemouths-survival-bid/

...enigmatic player, but one who needs to be on his A Game to be effective, would hazard a guess that his application may be in question for us? If we could secure three million for him then that would be good for us. Max probably needs a new challenge too?

JIMNNINA - 10/7/2017 10:11

The squad has other more consistent game changers, is gradel happy at this stage of his career to be a super sub?

He's not even a super sub though - he is well down the pecking order when everyone is fit. We've signed his eventual replacement already this summer.

For his sake he needs a move and a fresh challenge.

A Leeds supporting pal says they'd love him back. He also said Maxi was well keen on going back there at one point as he loved Leeds so much but it just wasn't possible. Not sure how much truth there is in that but perhaps they could swoop again?

If he's happy to keep fighting for his place, then Id love him to stay personally...

Interesting that he spent the last couple of games coming on up fort... IMO, his best position...

SteveJonesLegend - 10/7/2017 14:03

If he's happy to keep fighting for his place, then Id love him to stay personally...

Interesting that he spent the last couple of games coming on up fort... IMO, his best position...

Max up front:

Totally agree, I prefer to see him play there.

If I was Maxi, I’d be watching everything that Defoe does and do my best to replicate that.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 10/7/2017 15:30

4FCB - 10/7/2017 15:26

If I was Maxi, I’d be watching everything that Defoe does and do my best to replicate that.

Do you not think Defoe's girlfriend might want to have a say in that one?

Which one? :grin:

Appears to be something in this, but could be a loan rather than a sale:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/sunderland/15401180.Sunderland_make_loan_offer_for_winger___but_his_current_employers_want_to_sell/?ref=rss

Seems to be a repeat of this story. Does Max want to play in the Championship on loan?

I hope he stays here and fights for his place.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-face-3million-fee-if-loan-deal-can-t-be-reached-for-bournemouth-ace-1-8638725

Yep..18 minutes in..the great Maxi scores..How wrong we were all eh?

No, It's a usual Max thing..Bright start..rubbish after!

;