Max-Alain Gradel

Wow, Neymar and co. absolutely destroyed Toulouse in the last 20 min or so. They scored 4 goals after going down to 10 men. And Neymar's last one beggars belief (he tap danced inside the box around 5 defenders).
Just a different class of team . . .

redharry - 20/8/2017 21:56

Only playing French football.

Certainly helps but, having seen 4 games pre season, I thought gradel looked in much better form than Fraser and Pugh.

It was a good goal to be fair although he was in acres of space,give him some credit,he's scored more in his 60 minutes on the pitch than our whole team has in 180 minutes ;-)

Druss_the_Legend - 21/8/2017 07:59

Yeah, he only had to score against PSG, we've had much bigger footballing powerhouses to contend with!

Last season Leicester got further in the Champions League than PSG, PSG didn't make it to the last 8.

The season before Man City beat PSG in the last 8.

2 years Before that Chelsea beat them in the last 8.

PSG have never been as far as a CL semi final.

I would say we have played some footballing powerhouses.

redharry - 21/8/2017 10:22

Druss_the_Legend - 21/8/2017 07:59

Yeah, he only had to score against PSG, we've had much bigger footballing powerhouses to contend with!

Last season Leicester got further in the Champions League than PSG, PSG didn't make it to the last 8.

The season before Man City beat PSG in the last 8.

2 years Before that Chelsea beat them in the last 8.

PSG have never been as far as a CL semi final.

I would say we have played some footballing powerhouses.

You likening West Brom and Watford to Chelsea and Man City?

No, I am saying we have played many teams that can be classed as powerhouses inc Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc etc over the last couple of seasons. I didn't realise the discussion was only limited to the last 10 days of action.

It was as we are confused why we send a player away on loan when none of the players in his position have played remotely well in the last 2 matches while he scores against the wealthiest club in the world.

Now he's back from injury, seems to be doing ok at Toulouse... Scored 3 in last 4 (although is their pen taker) but I wonder if there is mileage in a recall...?

With injuries within the squad, we could do worse than brining him back, especially as he's now had a decent run of games under his belt...

Just putting it out there :)

Funny thing is, if he'd have stuck here this first half of the season I think he'd have got quite a lot of gametime and chance to stake his claim.

I'd have him back in a flash. Apart from Fraser, all our wide options are largely poor. If he stayed, he'd surely have played plenty of games. Big mistake.

;