Max-Alain Gradel

It’s a shame it didn’t work out. He was great during the run in for our first PL season. Maybe he got a bit complacent in preseason because it looked like he forgot how to be a professional footballer in the 2nd season. Glad he’s fit and got his confidence back.

It’s a shame it didn’t work out. He was great during the run in for our first PL season. Maybe he got a bit complacent in preseason because it looked like he forgot how to be a professional footballer in the 2nd season. Glad he’s fit and got his confidence back.
Actually, as I recall, he was one of our liveliest players that preseason with goals and assists. He looked really up for it. All the more baffling for me then when Eddie didn’t give him a look in at the beginning of that season. Of all the players who made a case for themselves that preseason I would say nobody did more than Max. Maybe Max reacted badly to not being selected despite his best efforts and said something that didn’t go down too well with Eddie ? It was certainly an odd fall from grace for Max, feels like something must have happened off the field IMO.

Can I just say that in my 11 years here, it's the poorest standard I have seen in Ligue 1.
Taking nothing away from Max, he has had a good season.

That pre season tour he looked good.

Maybe he adjusted to the heat better.
It looked like he wanted to make up for that injury ravaged first season and was determined to nail down a starting spot in that second season. He really did seem highly motivated and determined to make a point. However, once the season got going and he wasn't starting he seemed to get more and more frustrated and eventually seemed to lose his motivation altogether. It was a strange one. I definitely would have started him for those first few games but for whatever reason Eddie chose other options and Max didn't seem to take it very well. A real shame. I still feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. I didn't know what more he could do to get in the team at that time either. I think he really wanted to do well for us but in that second season he never really got the chance and the first season was ruined with that injury. I'm glad he's happier and doing well now though.

I always thought that he could have been the player for us that Brooks is now. A real shame.
I would have liked to have seen him start the first few games of that season at least. I always think that if you've got somebody in your squad desperate to prove a point, it's usually a good idea to put that positive energy to good use. I think Max would have really given it his all in those first few games. I think he was intent on tying down a starting spot at AFCB in the Premier League era. If he had been given that chance and had taken it, who knows how good he could have been for us that season and the seasons after that ? In the end I think his frustration got the better of him. Eventually he seemed to have given up and he started angling for a move to France. We never really got to see the best of him and as you say, that is a real shame ( both for him and us ! ).

Marc Pugh I can understand the logic behind even if I would be wary on some levels. This would make no sense at all.

It's a no from me too, but I love the fact that rather than be footnote in his career, we are the headline, that's pretty fixing brilliant

28 goals in 68 appearances across 2 seasons - so he's been keeping fit and playing fairly well it seems. I doubt he'd be interested in the Championship with us though.

The fixing irony, I popped it on the old twitter, tagged the few Leeds fans I don't think are complete conts, yet the retweets are from fellow cherries

;