Max Demin

Eddie has said on more than one occasion, and very recently too, that as long as the owner and the board want him to stay then he is committed to the club.

I have always seen Eddie as one not one to shirk responsibility or accountability and because of this, and his genuine passion for the club, I think he will stay and try to fulfill Max’s statement.

We must fulfill our destiny to backup these memories of the PL and Max and Eddie are integral to building the training ground and Stadium. Only then can this club and town achieve it's potential which we have alot of despite all the pretentious remarks from rival clubs and sometimes our own about being so tinpot they make out we're a phucking Rotherham or Accrington. Bournemouth and Reading are the two biggest towns in England that don't have city status and we have a massive conurbation here of 500,000, if the effort, ambition and application is applied then there is no reason we should be getting 5% of 500k which is 25,000 fans. And there are plenty of clubs out there who think they're bigger than us but they shouldn't be - clubs like Burnley, Huddersfield, Wigan, Preston, Blackpool, Brentford they have bigger grounds but they have all reached their ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing from Max at all is unprecedented, so this is kind of a big deal, even if PR drafted this up for him. I'm hoping he realises he lost sight of the bigger picture and went for big signings instead of building up the infrastructure. We already have a pretty impressive crop of youngsters coming through for a club of our size, we should pivot to focus more on this. Becoming a yo-yo club with strong reputation for developing unearthed talent that buys into our ethos would actually be something to be proud of, I think.

It sounds great on paper but any talent in the youth setup can be poached for a derisory sum by anyone with a higher class academy. We only end up as a hopper of talent for Southampton to take unless we upgrade the academy first which requires spending in infrastructure.

The only remaining way to make progress through player sales is to accept that we sell first-team players whenever their stock is high, taking the knock-on hit to form and therefore league progression.

Despite how well received your post was the suggestion of selling Ake or King caused a lot of outrage on here so there would need to be an adjustment of expectations.

Personally, seeing as Max cannot bankroll us forever (or at all really in the Premier League) I'd like to see some strategy that allows us to generate the revenue to really put us on an even keel with some of the massive clubs we compete against.

Conspiracy theory again (honestly, I’m carrying all the work here lads, help me out)

This is Max saying he wants to get back in the Premier League. He is therefore openly admitting that he intends to break FFP again. By saying so early he is giving the rest of the field (and the FA) fair notice so that they can’t say they weren’t warned. Thus he will appeal again and settle for a much reduced fine. Genius. Pure genius.

We didn't appeal. We made immediate provision in the accounts for the fine last time but the FL delayed making the request for payment pending the QPR appeal. Then, when their appeal resulted in some kind of reduction, our fine was also reduced in line with that after which we then made the payment. No disputing from us.

The FL also made the statement that we 'did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive'. As far as I know they've never made any statement even remotely similar for any of the other clubs that have been caught up by the FFP regulations.

So I don't think it's all that likely the club will heck off the FFP rules. There are all kinds of theories but it's all just conjecture. I wish the FL (and FL clubs including us) would be more transparent about such things.

So far as I can recall, we only fell foul of the FFP rules because the end of our financial year came at an awkward point, which meant that the following season's transfer fees, promotion bonuses, etc all fell within the previous year's accounts.

If you stripped out all those extra one-off costs, plus all those PL-sized transfer payments, then we were well within FFP guidelines.

So all that stuff that's regularly trotted out on NSC and elsewhere that we "cheated" our way to promotion is malicious nonsense.

So far as I can recall, we only fell foul of the FFP rules because the end of our financial year came at an awkward point, which meant that the following season's transfer fees, promotion bonuses, etc all fell within the previous year's accounts.

If you stripped out all those extra one-off costs, plus all those PL-sized transfer payments, then we were well within FFP guidelines.

So all that stuff that's regularly trotted out on NSC and elsewhere that we "cheated" our way to promotion is malicious nonsense.
100% correct. We changed our end of financial year accounting date the next season to bring us into line with normal player contract dates and transfer windows.

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/bournemouths-financial-fair-play-fine-reduced/

We must fulfill our destiny to backup these memories of the PL and Max and Eddie are integral to building the training ground and Stadium. Only then can this club and town achieve it's potential which we have alot of despite all the pretentious remarks from rival clubs and sometimes our own about being so tinpot they make out we're a phucking Rotherham or Accrington. Bournemouth and Reading are the two biggest towns in England that don't have city status and we have a massive conurbation here of 500,000, if the effort, ambition and application is applied then there is no reason we should be getting 5% of 500k which is 25,000 fans. And there are plenty of clubs out there who think they're bigger than us but they shouldn't be - clubs like Burnley, Huddersfield, Wigan, Preston, Blackpool, Brentford they have bigger grounds but they have all reached their ceiling.
I've been saying this since we got in the Premier league, it's encouraging what Max says in his statement but so far no commitment to completing the training complex or the stadium, which I think is essential or else he's just wasting his time and money. I think with some of our fans lack of ambition, we've got the tinpot outfit we deserve.

I've been saying this since we got in the Premier league, it's encouraging what Max says in his statement but so far no commitment to completing the training complex or the stadium, which I think is essential or else he's just wasting his time and money. I think with some of our fans lack of ambition, we've got the tinpot outfit we deserve.
It was a statement not a bloody strategic plan. We've had four months of economic turmoil, so perhaps plans might need adjusting.

I am not sure that I am expecting a statement from EH. He doesn't usually do that sort of stuff. I think he will just get on with the job. No news is good news etc - but then I am a glass half full kind of guy.

Here you go with the "some of our fans lack ambition" only to start crying every time someone challenges you on that statement.

Besides, our fans ambition is completely irrelevant unless one of them is going to stump up the cash. Max will have to dig deep in his pockets if he wants a new ground as 14,000 gates in the Championship isn't going to pay for it.

You would like to think at the very least Eddie will say ,.......I have a year left on my contract, and I intend to see out

Here you go with the "some of our fans lack ambition" only to start crying every time someone challenges you on that statement.

Besides, our fans ambition is completely irrelevant unless one of them is going to stump up the cash. Max will have to dig deep in his pockets if he wants a new ground as 14,000 gates in the Championship isn't going to pay for it.
Ha ha the idiotic stalker is back!

Fans lack of ambition ? Are you serious...We cannot do anything, its totally out of our control. Everyone on here wanted expansion, quite a few were sensible enough to realise a new stadium might not be a great idea if the club wanted to consolidate at PL level with the wages / costs involved to keep that status. The training complex is a work in motion, the land has been purchased, the work has started. I know its paused now but didn't the whole world pause for a while.

We've just been relegated, its baby steps now. The statement from Max was brilliant lets see what follows.

Fans lack of ambition ? Are you serious...We cannot do anything, its totally out of our control. Everyone on here wanted expansion, quite a few were sensible enough to realise a new stadium might not be a great idea if the club wanted to consolidate at PL level with the wages / costs involved to keep that status. The training complex is a work in motion, the land has been purchased, the work has started. I know its paused now but didn't the whole world pause for a while.

We've just been relegated, its baby steps now. The statement from Max was brilliant lets see what follows.

Careful, he'll call you an idiot if you point out the nose on his face.

If I could give this a Super Like I would.

;