Milos Kerkez

It's good that we appear to be actively looking for players (as Foley said we would) and I'm sure the lure of the south coast and the intended investments in the training ground and stadium will be very helpful in terms of attracting players. But I do wonder if the stumbling block might be our current league position and the fact that Championship football next season could be a possibility.

An advantage of picking up players like him or the Bristol City midfielder (Scott?) would be they wouldn't count towards the 25 man squad due to their age.

It's good that we appear to be actively looking for players (as Foley said we would) and I'm sure the lure of the south coast and the intended investments in the training ground and stadium will be very helpful in terms of attracting players. But I do wonder if the stumbling block might be our current league position and the fact that Championship football next season could be a possibility.

I don’t think it would. Any player knows that with half a season to go anything could happen. A side could be top 10 and slip into danger, so that element of risk is always there unless you’re completely cut adrift at the bottom.

Players attracted by a project could have their head turned so that is a positive.

I don’t think it would. Any player knows that with half a season to go anything could happen. A side could be top 10 and slip into danger, so that element of risk is always there unless you’re completely cut adrift at the bottom.

Players attracted by a project could have their head turned so that is a positive.
Yes, that’s a fair point especially with avaricious agents in their ears.

I think we need to sign players with premier league experience not players from abroad or the championship.
Agree, but who would want to come with current form and small club reputation? Maybe on loan I suppose. If we were supremely fortunate we might get another Cahill, although I believe there's only one according to the chant.

Can’t say I agree with the first part of this. I don’t see how we can be anywhere near as attractive a proposition as any team that’s in or even close to the top 10. We’re 1 point outside the bottom 3, in relegation form, seem unable to score a goal and we have a rookie manager at the helm. The project certainly helps, certainly for younger players, but I think any in-demand player is going to be wary of signing for us at this moment in time.

I can see why Mark McAdam keeps saying it’s going to be a tough window to recruit.

;