Milos Kerkez

Okay, but as Zemura and Stacey have both left and we've decided not to sign Vina I'm not sure I share your confidence, particularly as he also played Kelly and Mepham at FB.

Since he seemed to encourage Zemura offensively, went out and got Vina who's more winger than full back, played Tavernier at full back, and has only been connected to wing backs like Kerkez and Gosens so far this summer I feel like it's a pretty safe assumption at this point.

He certainly likes one attacking full back. But he doesn’t seem to like two. As seen by Adam Smith being allowed to be as adventurous from full back as the days under Groves.

Or Kelly when he’s deployed as a full back, or Chris Mepham.

One full back is allowed to attack the other can’t venture across the half way line.

It has its positives, but does make us predictable.

We played both Vina and Tavernier together. It's not like he replaced him when he got hurt
Wasn't that with 3 at the back? The system when the emphasis is on the wingback to provide the width? A formation when wingers get played at wing back sometimes? When we reverted to 4 at the back he hardly played Vina and went with the more defensive minded, Kelly.

People keep saying Vina is suspect (next to uselesss basically going by the tone...) defensively, where stats from Roma and South America show he's extremely capable of being solid enough defensively as far as modern full backs go. Above average, even good, or solid.

Unless we're saying PL defending is that much different to Serie A, which although it may be, I can;t see it being that big a difference.

People keep saying Vina is suspect (next to uselesss basically going by the tone...) defensively, where stats from Roma and South America show he's extremely capable of being solid enough defensively as far as modern full backs go. Above average, even good, or solid.

Unless we're saying PL defending is that much different to Serie A, which although it may be, I can;t see it being that big a difference.
That may be the case but it was clear to see that out of Kelly and Vina, one would be regarded as an attacking full back and the other defensive.

That may be the case but it was clear to see that out of Kelly and Vina, one would be regarded as an attacking full back and the other defensive.

Yep. Surprised if we were to build 352 or 442 with Kelly as a fullback.

To me he's more of a fullback from 90's. Modern full backs generally are slightly neutered wingers basically, with very good pace, stamina, workrate, that can defend a bit better than out and out wingers.

I'd expect him to slot in as the starting LB immediately if we do sign him.

Sure he's young, but he was also the best LB in the Eridievse last season, and based on other runors surrounding him will cost at least 20 million Euros.

He also fits Gary O'Niel's preference for an offensive minded full back as he scored 5 times and assisted on 7 more.

This would be closer to a Zabarnyi move than a James Hill one.
Thanks for the clarification. Must admit I have limited knowledge of European football so these names are unknowns.

My comment re long term prospect was more along the lines of signing really young players like zabarnyi dango etc with hopefully best years ahead of them and with re-sale value. Prefer that to forest strategy of more experienced players

Report out of Portugal is that Benfica appear to be pulling out of the deal.

I also went and looked to see where he could possibly fit for Bournemouth. After all, it appears we're locked into Matias Vina at LB already.

Kerekz has never played anything other than LB at the club level. However, he does play defensive midfield for Hungary. Could he perhaps be the Lerma replacement?

Since he seemed to encourage Zemura offensively, went out and got Vina who's more winger than full back, played Tavernier at full back, and has only been connected to wing backs like Kerkez and Gosens so far this summer I feel like it's a pretty safe assumption at this point.

Can we not go for both options? We've got Kelly who can be the defensive left back in a back four and we need a wing back like this guy or Vinawith a back three. Now we need the same on the other side.

Admittedly I haven't seen this guy play, but this signing really excites me. Hopefully we get this deal done then move onto Alex Scott.

;