Milos Kerkez

Saints are signing a striker who scored in the 3rd place play off game in the world cup, and they are bottom!! I dont think we need to worry about attracting some players

Yes, a bit like the manager discussions there will always be options available to a club, providing scouting network is decent... which it appears to given we signed Senesi, Neto and now linked with this Hungarian chap... hardly names I expect anyone would predict to join us... or even heard of before.

Of course we won't be able to attract joao felix, Bellingham or even Mckennie it seems, but they're far from the only players who could improve the quality of our team.

January always tougher it seems, but if we sell the project well enough, assure them other good players will arrive and offer a healthy package, there will be more than enough interested. Also, clauses can be inserted to allow them to leave if we go down (for a fee of course), so if they're 'that' good, we could be a stepping stone and they're not trapped for duration of their contract.

It's not as straightforward as we're not doing well so no one decent (and realistic) will come.

As Chris Cooke said, would be ideal if we could secure players with pl experience, lived in England. As risk of signing several better players from abroad is how long will it take fir them to adapt to English football and/or living in a different country. Some seem to hit the ground running, others may take months or not adapt at all. But then english/pl players come at a premium price, compared to someone playing in a lower tier euro league. Obviously Newcastle are fishing in another pond (I assume), but they appear to have signed mainly pl players, with a few quality additions from overseas. Some of those pl players id hardly consider too far from our grasp either. A decent balance.

Last edited:
Yes, a bit like the manager discussions there will always be options available to a club, providing scouting network is decent.

Of course we won't be able to attract joao felix, Bellingham or even Mckennie it seems, but they're far from the only players who could improve the quality of our team.

January always tougher it seems, but if we sell the project well enough, assure them other good players will arrive and offer a healthy package, there will be more than enough interested. Also, clauses can be inserted to allow them to leave if we go down (for a fee of course), so if they're 'that' good, we could be a stepping stone and they're not trapped for duration of their contract.

It's not as straightforward as we're not doing well so no one decent (and realistic) will come.
Just tell them about the free car washes !!!
Job done. Which other club offers that ?

We’re 1 point adrift from 13th… that’s “close to the top 10”.
Good point. And 13th is 5 places from both the relegation places and 8th spot which in some years gets you Europe. Therefore we’re actually 1 point adrift from being as close to Europe as relegation.

That should be our selling point when talking to prospective signings.

Saints are signing a striker who scored in the 3rd place play off game in the world cup, and they are bottom!! I dont think we need to worry about attracting some players

Fingers crossed this seasons Wout Weghorst and only 2 more spots to worry about :)

Rich owner, it’ll get a lot worse before it gets any better. We’ll be linked with at least 50% of anybody who’s agent wants to make some money.

It’s barely started yet :grinning:

Yep. Not that bad of course, but it just seems relentless these days, compared to a decade or two back (not just us but rumours for the big clubs back then). Always been a degree of bullsh1t of course, but didnt seem so bad.

Particularly with these bot things now, that are probably churning out even more garbage rumours/articles at an alarming rate.

Rich owner, it’ll get a lot worse before it gets any better. We’ll be linked with at least 50% of anybody who’s agent wants to make some money.

Yeah, I think it was Jan and maybe last summer, but think we got linked with near on exactly the same players as Fulham, Palace, Everton etc. Guess could be some truth as probably fishing from same/similar pools.

Expect us to be linked with a load of American players. Probably some NHL Golden Knight players too.

Only 19 so another long term prospect.
I'd expect him to slot in as the starting LB immediately if we do sign him.

Sure he's young, but he was also the best LB in the Eridievse last season, and based on other runors surrounding him will cost at least 20 million Euros.

He also fits Gary O'Niel's preference for an offensive minded full back as he scored 5 times and assisted on 7 more.

This would be closer to a Zabarnyi move than a James Hill one.

Are you sure about this?
Since he seemed to encourage Zemura offensively, went out and got Vina who's more winger than full back, played Tavernier at full back, and has only been connected to wing backs like Kerkez and Gosens so far this summer I feel like it's a pretty safe assumption at this point.

Since he seemed to encourage Zemura offensively, went out and got Vina who's more winger than full back, played Tavernier at full back, and has only been connected to wing backs like Kerkez and Gosens so far this summer I feel like it's a pretty safe assumption at this point.
Looking at it the other way; he played a player out of position due to him being more defensive than an attacking full/wing back that we ended up not even signing?

;