Morgan Gibbs-White

Starting to feel like a broken record. Forest won't have any problem at all with FFP.

I'd guess they're still about £60m of spending from even having to look at it with one eye.

However, if they stay up it could impact their spending power in future seasons. Witness how careful Newcastle are being despite their wealth. That's because it would make their longer term plan tricky to wildly throw money around the way Man City did when they first got the big cash.
That’s the FFP impact, they can spend what they want this season but will struggle in future seasons due to them being allowed to record a 100m (I think) loss over a three year period. It’s the same reason Leicester haven’t spent a penny yet this summer and why Everton are being more conservative with their spending. Clubs out there with the spending power of Forest but few who are stupid enough to blow it all in one window.

FFP must have so many loopholes. MGW is an incredible player, he reminds me of Zaha, and has the potential to be almost as good, but 45 million for a team who spent fortunes already is very steep. Cooper will have a job managing their egos. On paper they are one of the best teams in the country, as much as it pains me to say.
If Forest F' this up and go down they will be in massive trouble. Their business model doesn't seem sustainable, even if they were a massive club before.
Incredible player? Standards of what constitute an incredible player must have declined massively since we were last in the PL. incredible potential, maybe, but the guy only got 2 more goal involvements than a billing last season while playing in a more advanced role. He has potential but he is hugely overhyped at this point and I’m not sure why in all honesty.

They are a bigger club than City , equal to Man Utd, equal to Chelsea...Brian Clough ensured that for them ...on the trophy front ...shoved it up the Elite!.
No reason why Boscombe or Forest can't scale those heights..Forest again.. Boscombe too as a token first time Tinpot effort one day.

F√ck the f√cking f√ckers ! . Thursday is Tanglefoot Day ! Yo !
The Royal Engineers won the FA Cup

Does that make them bigger than Crystal Palace?

Desperation comes to mind. Crazy money for a decent championship player.
I wonder how much Cooper is involved in this massive recruitment campaign.

A big club Florists, but maybe Cooper and the board didn't think their squad 'big enough'. Now they're having to shell out millions to make themselves, in their eyes, big enough. At the end of the season where in the table do they stop being happy and start being very ordinary?

Desperation comes to mind. Crazy money for a decent championship player.
I wonder how much Cooper is involved in this massive recruitment campaign.
He must have a say, they have signed 16 new players so far.
I wonder if the Greek owner is still being scrutinized by the powers that run the EPL. Something seems dodgy with his ships carrying drugs, where there was not enough evidense to convict him in the Greek courts after certain witnesses were murdered.

Everything comes out in a Wash..as we see with the pantomime at Old Trafford.

I don't favour a rivalry with Forest just because they had Manbags with us in the latter stages of our Promotion...leave them to wind up Leeds and Manu....do a job up there. I kinda like Forest's feistyness for that purpose !

No ..our big, massive, rivallry ..Must be with South Hampton( I assume Hampton is near Redbridge or Totton)
..and Brighton and their Hove(l)..:D
Hopefully our brothers at that great club Pompey can come along and help us scour the filth !

Last edited:
There is absolutely No Chance Forest will go Down...not with that Manager...you'd have to have a brain the size of Merson's or Roy Keane's to be of that mind !!!

Surely with all the players they have now bought in,coco the clown could keep them up.
If they do drop though it could get very messy a la QPR,Pompey and their rivals Derby

MGW will be the 16th new signing, but not the last according to their manager.

He said there will be more ins and outs before the transfer window closes.

;