Morgan Rogers

He’s not in our 25 man squad, he isn’t going to play for us. Surely in terms of protecting the player and monitoring his progress, he would be better off back at Man City. He’ll get more out of playing Premiere league 2 (or whatever it’s called) football and training with world class players than he will from sitting on his **************** here. Surely that’s a no brainer?

Who’s to say he’s still here now and isn’t back training with Man City or that’s the plan or that Man City may terminate his contract and he can become a free agent if they don’t think in the long term he will be good enough.

Can’t see him in any training photos.

Discussing Rogers's loan spell as a whole, Parker added: "It hasn’t worked for both really.

"I love Morgan to bits and tried to help and push, but sometimes obviously things don’t work out in the game we’re in.

"We have to recognise that. It’s not gone to plan for one reason or another.

"That’s not really important now. What’s important is there’s a young boy here who has got big talent that needs to probably go and play some football and get some experience that way.

"Hopefully that can happen for him."

Very bizarre situation. Can only assume that there is an OBLIGATION to buy him upon promotion. My good God, if the reported fee of 10m+ is accurate and we end up having to pay it, the guy at Man City who negotiated this deal deserves a knighthood frankly.
Man City had the option to recall him but not an obligation.

If he can play in the FA Cup which I presume he can, they might as well leave him one final chance of a game with us. He won’t have one anywhere else as soon.

Well I’m lost now, you argued he should play on the other thread earlier.

And we were only discussing hypotheticals.

I wouldn’t even fancy Rogers against the non league Shaun Maher.
Tbf he improved the team when he came on against luton. Getting 5 mins here and there is never going to be easy for any player, let alone a very young one.
It hasn't worked out here because he got very little game time, and when he did, he didn't excel.
Doesn't mean he won't be a good player for someone else

Tbf he improved the team when he came on against luton. Getting 5 mins here and there is never going to be easy for any player, let alone a very young one.
It hasn't worked out here because he got very little game time, and when he did, he didn't excel.

Precisely this, hasn’t managed to get going or been given a chance, perhaps because Parker doesn’t rate him but before coming here looks like a fantastic young player.

Very bizarre situation. Can only assume that there is an OBLIGATION to buy him upon promotion. My good God, if the reported fee of 10m+ is accurate and we end up having to pay it, the guy at Man City who negotiated this deal deserves a knighthood frankly.

Have we left him out to try to force city to send him elsewhere? Poor lad. Hasn't worked out and we have to do what's best for us, but hope he gets to play football somewhere before next season and is able to move on with his life. Sounds like things have gone bad between us and city and he's sort of caught up in it.

Precisely this, hasn’t managed to get going or been given a chance, perhaps because Parker doesn’t rate him but before coming here looks like a fantastic young player.

Indeed, like I say he's extremely highly rated. Expect he would have done well at many other championship sides as the season progressed, assuming he was played consistently.

Probably similar to Davis, but Rogers seems to be rated as having more potential.

We're probably not the best club for rawer (for this level) players to come on loan to. Pressing for 2 top has always been the ambition and as a result Parker probably not overly inclined to to take risk and play those loanees for months before they reach level required.

Last edited:

I'm presuming he was loaned to us as someone at a level that he isn't yet at. Also, maybe a panic loan on our part. I guess it's a catch 22. Didn't impress enough so wasn't trusted with more minutes. City then say they are looking to loan him elsewhere but then don't by which time we've bought another player for his position. Loans often don't work out. Just one of those things.

Rogers and Davis have both suffered with less game time than was first expected due to the form and performances of Zemura and Anthony during the first half os the season. I expect during the summer Parker was fully expecting the game times of those players to be the opposite way around.

Reactions: DJ

;