Morgan Rogers

As he is only 19 why does he have to be in the 25 man squad? Surely he can just be in the U21 group. Or is there some difference for loan players?

As he is only 19 why does he have to be in the 25 man squad? Surely he can just be in the U21 group. Or is there some difference for loan players?

'The limits, which brings the Championship in line with Premier League rules, do not apply to cup competitions or include under-21s unless they were signed on loan'.

So yes, does matter that he is on loan, compared to permanent contract players.

But appears he can play today.

'The limits, which brings the Championship in line with Premier League rules, do not apply to cup competitions or include under-21s unless they were signed on loan'.

So yes, does matter that he is on loan, compared to permanent contract players.

But appears he can play today.

Thank you MB.

Tbf he improved the team when he came on against luton. Getting 5 mins here and there is never going to be easy for any player, let alone a very young one.
It hasn't worked out here because he got very little game time, and when he did, he didn't excel.
Doesn't mean he won't be a good player for someone else

Apart from the goal v Luton, he just didn't have enough of an impact. I think the Derby game was quite telling as well. I remember him losing the ball almost every time it was passed to him. If that has happened in training as well, that's why he hasn't been trusted with more game time. Davis has had much more of an impact. Great runs down the left and assists.

If he ain't in the squad and don't play ..why would we pay his wages?...don't make sense.
Good 'ol Aunt Sally Boscombe !

Yeah. May be a non-termination clause in loan deal, so we can;t end it. But City may/may not have recall clause still.

Doesn;t make sense why they'd want one of their own to stay out loan when essentially frozen out though. Very odd. Unless he's somehow involved tonight, then will go back? But doesn;t make sense why we;d want to use a player that has no future here, unless we want to rest others who'd play in his position. Not sure how motivated he;d be though.

find it hard to imagine he wasnt good enough to make impact in 2nd tier when he was with us - he'd just ripped up League 1, or perhaps League 2 with Lincoln.

was more likely he didnt suit our style, or perhaps Parkers ways werent great to get best out of him.

Anyone else surprised to see him at Villa now?

Not that I’ve watched him at all this season, but that’s quite a rise after his £1m move to Boro last summer, after that underwhelming stint with us.

Anyone else surprised to see him at Villa now?

Not that I’ve watched him at all this season, but that’s quite a rise after his £1m move to Boro last summer, after that underwhelming stint with us.
Needed more game time to reach his potential than we were able to give him I think.

;