Morgan Rogers

Don't you worry when you only see a player through YouTube highlights? Ibe probably has a fantastic show reel too (Harry Wilson too). If he arrives, which looks likely, then I'll be backing him all the way though.
A good point but Ibe was a failure at Liverpool before he came here.

By all accounts this lad was highly regarded by City but they've obviously realised that the time has come where they can no longer stand in his way ( I would imagine ). Also Ibe's attitude famously always sucked and we were hoping that EH and his crew could somehow polish this lump of coal into a diamond.
For me, based on his past, Ibe was always a massive gamble. If it had come off, we could have made a hefty profit on him. As it was, well......it all went more than a little Pete Tong.

I think this kid is much more likely to live up to his YouTube showreel personally. Just based on what we've heard about him so far.
Let's hope so ( although it's not a done deal just yet, obviously ) !

A good point but Ibe was a failure at Liverpool before he came here.

By all accounts this lad was highly regarded by City but they've obviously realised that the time has come where they can no longer stand in his way ( I would imagine ). Also Ibe's attitude famously always sucked and we were hoping that EH and his crew could somehow polish this lump of coal into a diamond.
For me, based on his past, Ibe was always a massive gamble. If it had come off, we could have made a hefty profit on him. As it was, well......it all went more than a little Pete Tong.

I think this kid is much more likely to live up to his YouTube showreel personally. Just based on what we've heard about him so far.
Let's hope so ( although it's not a done deal just yet, obviously ) !

I hadn't heard of him prior to this week, so am not making any informed opinion. FWIW, here is a collection of Ibe highlights from 2015

Jordon Ibe | All Career Goals | HD - Bing video

Looks a good player :throw:

I hadn't heard of him prior to this week, so am not making any informed opinion. FWIW, here is a collection of Ibe highlights from 2015

Jordon Ibe | All Career Goals | HD - Bing video

Looks a good player :throw:
The thing is, we paid 15m for Ibe and didn't even get to do a "try before you buy".

At least with this lad we'll get one season to take a look at him and I'm sure we'll find a way to get rid of him without losing too much if it doesn't work out.

Definitely an exciting signing if it comes off, but as ever with a youngster, a bit of a gamble. Hopefully a well considered one.

Is it definitely an obligation to buy? If we don’t go up that seems ludicrous.
I'm sure there will be get out clauses though. Why would we buy him if he was crap and only played once ? Or if he spent the whole season on the physio's table ? I'm sure we'll have a way of dodging out of it, should we decide that he's not for us.

The thing is, we paid 15m for Ibe and didn't even get to do a "try before you buy".

At least with this lad we'll get one season to take a look at him and I'm sure we'll find a way to get rid of him without losing too much if it doesn't work out.

Definitely an exciting signing if it comes off, but as ever with a youngster, a bit of a gamble. Hopefully a well considered one.

Our youngsters have been a forced ‘gamble’ on Parker and they certainly haven’t let us down so far.

If this lad is as good as some reports suggesting he could be, we will have a good mix of experience with youth.

I'm sure there will be get out clauses though. Why would we buy him if he was crap and only played once ? Or if he spent the whole season on the physio's table ? I'm sure we'll have a way of dodging out of it, should we decide that he's not for us.

I agree there's nothing that couldn't be tied to a purchase now; promotion add-on, delayed/reduced payments in lieu of wages, etc so there must be some condition he doesn't sign on.

Lets hope he's almost as good as highlights reel suggests and it all becomes moot.

Not seen the lad play but looks talented from that video, will wait and see though. Only concern is that he appears to be best coming off the left wing, we've already got Stan and Anthony for that and are lacking a right winger, would worry about us being overloaded with players ok the left with no variation on play.

If it is an obligation to buy rather than an option I’d be pretty sure it would be contingent on promotion and a certain number of appearances.
Exactly the terms of the ‘obligation to buy’ are not for us to be party to. Could be all sorts in there and City aren’t daft as I bet they have a buy back clause, sell on clause etc in there….

Ranties highlights reel was exceptional. Then, remember his first run from inside his own half which ended up with him hitting the post.

I remember thinking this lad is going to be special….
Lol...tbf he'll be remembered long after everyone has forgotten about that Dutch winger we had that was quite good.

;