Morgan Rogers

Yes, you did say that, this in response to a different question about an ‘obligation to buy’. As was pointed out by others, the two are very different which you seemingly still don’t understand.

Hmm, taken off in a team losing 6-0, looks promising, maybe he was just tired though from having to play all over the pitch.

Yes, you did say that, this in response to a different question about an ‘obligation to buy’. As was pointed out by others, the two are very different which you seemingly still don’t understand.
Lol I was pointing out that it was an option to buy and not an obligation, and I was right. How is that so hard to understand?

Lol I was pointing out that it was an option to buy and not an obligation, and I was right. How is that so hard to understand?
No you weren’t, and the attempt at condescending arrogance is puerile to say the least.

Another poster: “What exactly does "obligation to buy" mean?”
Your response: “It’s an option to buy. It means we can purchase him for a set price if we want to.”

As others pointed out, there’s a material difference between an option and an obligation.

No you weren’t, and the attempt at condescending arrogance is puerile to say the least.

Your response: “It’s an option to buy. It means we can purchase him for a set price if we want to.”

As others pointed out, there’s a material difference between an option and an obligation.
I’m struggling here. Someone asked what an obligation to buy was. I pointed out that it’s not an obligation we’ve agreed, it’s an option. And then I went on to explain what an option to buy is. I was obviously not directly answering his question. It’s not that hard.

I’m struggling here. Someone asked what an obligation to buy was. I pointed out that it’s not an obligation we’ve agreed, it’s an option. And then I went on to explain what an option to buy is. I was obviously not directly answering his question. It’s not that hard.
You’re right, it’s not that hard, especially when you distort reality. At the time you responded (Saturday) the ‘obligation to buy clause’ was being universally reported (ergo you were responding to that). It was only when the deal was formally announced on COWS yesterday (Monday) that it transpired it was an option.

You’re right, it’s not that hard, especially when you distort reality. At the time you responded (Saturday) the ‘obligation to buy clause’ was being universally reported (ergo you were responding to that). It was only when the deal was formally announced on COWS yesterday (Monday) that it transpired it was an option.
I knew it was an option to buy because that is what mark Mcadam had tweeted at that point, and his word rules over any other when it comes to AFCB. Please don’t tell me what I meant, only I can know what I was saying. Why would I try to distort reality? You seem to be under the impression I’m unaware of the difference between an option and an obligation. Well the former means we have a choice to purchase at the end of the season at a set price, and the latter means we HAVE to purchase at the end of the season at a pre agreed price. I really don’t know why you’re putting so much effort in trying to make out that I was wrong, when I wasn’t lol

FFS we all know the difference in meaning of an option and an obligation, if we don't then we can go and look at a dictionary. With respect to Morgan is it an obligation or an option?
My understanding is loan deals nearly always come with an option to buy but I don't think I've heard of them coming with an obligation to buy?

I knew it was an option to buy because that is what mark Mcadam had tweeted at that point, and his word rules over any other when it comes to AFCB. Please don’t tell me what I meant, only I can know what I was saying. Why would I try to distort reality? You seem to be under the impression I’m unaware of the difference between an option and an obligation. Well the former means we have a choice to purchase at the end of the season at a set price, and the latter means we HAVE to purchase at the end of the season at a pre agreed price. I really don’t know why you’re putting so much effort in trying to make out that I was wrong, when I wasn’t lol
I will leave you with your delusion and also a thought. Interesting that, at the time, a couple of other posters pointed out the flaw in your response and yet you didn’t attempt to re-dress that at the time…now I wonder why that could be :hmmm:

FFS we all know the difference in meaning of an option and an obligation, if we don't then we can go and look at a dictionary. With respect to Morgan is it an obligation or an option?
My understanding is loan deals nearly always come with an option to buy but I don't think I've heard of them coming with an obligation to buy?
Like I have said many times in this thread from the beginning. The deal for Morgan is an OPTION to buy.

I will leave you with your delusion and also a thought. Interesting that, at the time, a couple of other posters pointed out the flaw in your response and yet you didn’t attempt to re-dress that at the time…now I wonder why that could be :hmmm:
Seriously, right do you have to say what I meant or didn’t mean? Are you God? Not sure how else you could possibly know this.

According to that, if we fail to get promoted and have a massively smaller budget the the fee is £3m more. Not sure I see the logic in that.

With all these things, the devil is in the detail. Look at Fulham's obligation to buy Arter if they got promoted to the PL. Turned out he also had to have made 30+ appearances and he'd only made 20 something.

;