Nathan Ake

Jimmy_Connelly

First Team
Signed on loan for the season.

http://www.afcb.co.uk/error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/news/article/2016-17/afc-bournemouth-transfer-nathan-ake-chelsea-3150884.aspx

afcb_rocky - 29/6/2016 13:55

what does this say about Mings - I am starting to worry about him?
We know Mings won't be fit for the start of the season and no one can really have a clue how he will be and at what level he can play until he is back.

Ake played left back for Watford last season but I highly doubt we have brought him in for that role.

Centre back or defensive midfield are far more likely options for him.

With Ake, Surman, Arter and Hyndman, is this perhaps the first sign of a shift in base formation ?

The Alchemist - 29/6/2016 13:48

Very shrewd signing imho.

My one big quesiont - what position is he going to play ?

See he played at left back for Watford, thought otherwise he might take Adam Smith's place at right back if he wasn't fit for start of season.

Great news - this guy has speed, skill and commitment. Well done the management team. Poss play Charlie Daniels in a more advanced role?

A versatile player who can play across the back and in defensive midfield.

Perfect signing. Let's hope we can make him permanent next season.

EH needs to consider RB as well, as Franno will obviously be fave for the CB position, with Cook, but with Smith not ready for Pre season, we need a RB, and not just someone to cover...

abts - 29/6/2016 14:24

21 years old. That means he won't need to be named in the squad, right?

Correct. So that is 2 (and maybe 3 if Mousset signs) who do not have to be registered as part of the 25 man squad.

That is how you improve the strength of the squad.

I have seen him in defensive midfield a couple of times for chelsea and is very composed on the ball despite his age. Definitely could do the surman role as well as cover both full back slots albeit woudnt be like a smith/franno/daniels type bombing forward. Good squad addition. Wonder if he would have stayed at watford if there wasnt a change of manager?

The Alchemist - 29/6/2016 14:47

abts - 29/6/2016 14:24

21 years old. That means he won't need to be named in the squad, right?

Correct. So that is 2 (and maybe 3 if Mousset signs) who do not have to be registered as part of the 25 man squad.

That is how you improve the strength of the squad.

canny business from eh so far

A superb signing, very much not *just* a left back, I've seen him in midfield do a very good job as well. Just the kind of player we need.

;