Nathan Ake

Without reading the Watford forum, I'd assume that A.) Ake is one of their cast-offs and that they didn't want him anyway. B.) Stupid Muff have to use our scouting network. C.) Diving cheaters, disgrace of a football club. D.) The Pozzos know what they're doing anyway.

Guy at work said that as their actual player in his position was just as good if not slightly better then they had to play him rather than the loanee Ake, he was gutted to see him go though and says we have signed a good player.

Chelsea have a list of clubs they refuse to loan players to. If we don't play Ake, will we be one of them next season?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-list-clubs-wont-loan-8795177

I expect we will play Ake quite a lot this season. It's just a question of time as the new tactics settle in and the different options within the side get given the opportunity to take their chances.

Well if we were going to be on their poolist, I'd have thought that not playing Atsu might have done it. Though I did wonder during the Crystal Palace game whether there is an issue with playing him at left back. They seemed to spend a long time before he came on explaining that he was going on at left models but he was too track the winger as Daniels was being beaten a lot

cockbeard - 8/9/2016 20:16

Well if we were going to be on their poolist, I'd have thought that not playing Atsu might have done it. Though I did wonder during the Crystal Palace game whether there is an issue with playing him at left back. They seemed to spend a long time before he came on explaining that he was going on at left models but he was too track the winger as Daniels was being beaten a lot

I know there was a lot of conspiracy theories around at the time, but he didn't play because he was injured. I don't think Chelsea can hold a grudge on that one. :grin:

DJ - 8/9/2016 20:28

cockbeard - 8/9/2016 20:16

I know there was a lot of conspiracy theories around at the time, but he didn't play because he was injured. I don't think Chelsea can hold a grudge on that one. :grin:

There are a lot of people looking for conspiracy theories on all sorts of things.

Sooner we win a match the better.

If we win it will only be a conspiracy to keep the fans happy. In fact I reckon this whole premier league thing is one massive cover up - I'm not sure what they are covering up but whatever it is is huge.

SlowDownDerek - 8/9/2016 18:58

If we win it will only be a conspiracy to keep the fans happy. In fact I reckon this whole premier league thing is one massive cover up - I'm not sure what they are covering up but whatever it is is huge.
We are in the prem to cover up how tinpot we are. We act tinpot as a double bluff. Very clever really.

DJ - 8/9/2016 20:28

I assumed he was just no good

Not that that stopped us from being forced to play Begovic, not sure any of us would have guessed he'd get bought buy the league champions for millions

Ake did very well on loan to another club last season, Eddie will use him when he thinks it is the right time.

Loan players should be selected on merit like any other player at our club.

Over the years from whatever league we have been in we have had good and average loan players.

Thinking back to the time when we had a number of Reading players on loan and when they left and we used our own players our results improved.

We had some really good loan players especially from West Ham and Chelsea, some players who became permanent signings, one Chelsea player nearly did but because of injuries at their club it didn't happen, he went on to play for England.

I hope we see plenty of Ake. He wasn't integral to one of the meanest (non top 6) defences in the league last season for nothing. He's a solid bloke, maybe not quite the technical intricate player we usually like, but I think he'd add something. Quite what his best position is I've no idea and maybe that's part of the problem.

northstandmark - 9/9/2016 12:31

I hope we see plenty of Ake. He wasn't integral to one of the meanest (non top 6) defences in the league last season for nothing. He's a solid bloke, maybe not quite the technical intricate player we usually like, but I think he'd add something. Quite what his best position is I've no idea and maybe that's part of the problem.

From an article back in July.

Bournemouth loanee Nathan Ake says he has joined the Cherries from parent club Chelsea to gain Premier League experience as a central midfielder.

Ake, 21, played predominantly as a left-back during 28 appearances on loan at Watford last season.

New Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is behind the idea of a midfield role for the Netherlands Under-21 international.

"To get an eye on how I cope, I think he wants to see me play a season there in the Premier League," Ake said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36763631

;