Nathan Ake

Hi Guys and Gals,
Not surprised in the least with Akes wonderful debut for our club last night.
He looked as though he`d been with us for years and he looked so assured,nothing fancy,won some great headers and some good passing ability.
Fans on our Blue Moon are raving over him,and rightly so,as he`s impressed on his debut.
Now for Thursday night. ;)

Hi Guys and Gals,
Not surprised in the least with Akes wonderful debut for our club last night.
He looked as though he`d been with us for years and he looked so assured,nothing fancy,won some great headers and some good passing ability.
Fans on our Blue Moon are raving over him,and rightly so,as he`s impressed on his debut.
Now for Thursday night. ;)
Was glad to see him do well for you last night but don't think he'll have as many easier 45 mins as he did in the first half! For a relatively short centre half, he wins so much in the air, great leap and reads the game brilliantly. He'll just get better and better for you. Definitely needs a rest ahead of the weekends match I'd say...

He looked great, solid passing, good in the air against a big bloke like Jimenez and made some key blocks and put his body on the line as he always did for us. I think next to Laporte he would be even better, that Mendy at LB is a bit dodgy aswell.

Can he play alongside Laporte? They’re certainly the best two centre backs they have but both are left sided. Ake was only recently trusted with switched to the right by Howe after many years choosing everyone else to.

Can he play alongside Laporte? They’re certainly the best two centre backs they have but both are left sided. Ake was only recently trusted with switched to the right by Howe after many years choosing everyone else to.
One thing I noticed about City last night is that while obviously they do a lot of playing out from the back, they almost never go across their goal. When Stones had it, they either went into midfield or down the right. When Ake had it, all the build up was down the left.

Thats in contrast to AFCB where we went constantly in front of our goal. Does that put more emphasis on CB’s playing on their correct side in City’s system? Having right footed Cook or Mepham on the left might not be such an issue for us if they are encouraged to pass to their right? Passing across goal probably is an issue though...

I think they could Ake is very versatile and would thrive having a world class defender next to him. Also really saw how good Kyle Walker is at defending RB for City last night and if he's on the right of Ake he'll be fine.

Reactions: DJ
I can't wait until we have proper Euro football back. The Dutch should have a heck of a good young team, and Nathan should take his place alongside Virgil and others for a very strong back line.

I haven't really been following them but does he get in the team ahead of de Ligt or van Dijk? Or maybe they play three at the back? A bit of an embarrassment of riches.

I haven't really been following them but does he get in the team ahead of de Ligt or van Dijk? Or maybe they play three at the back? A bit of an embarrassment of riches.
They really are building a strong team including those three and van de beek in midfield. I haven't followed that Nations League thing, but it appears that they are playing next weekend during the break so I might try to find it and take a look. I hope we see him play.

;