Neill Blake

Just wondering what this means...? Is he no longer a board member???

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-30 at 10.00.30.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-30 at 10.00.30.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 22
Ahh thx DJ... Didn't spot this thread...? I was shocked that no one (Al) had picked this up sooner, but I guess I should never have doubted Al for a second :)

Is this just so they don't have to announce his salary every year? If so its a negative move from a fan's perspective.

I did wonder that! Trying to look more positively, it can be a good thing to have a CEO not on the board. Succession planning is a thing at the minute it seems and having a more "hire 'em, fire 'em" CEO could be argued as a more resilient structure. If I was Blake I wouldn't see it that way of course! And then the big caveat to that is that you need a strong board for that approach to really work and.... well.... I wouldn't like to comment there.

Regarding the position of a CEO, they are responsible for managing a business, maximising the value of that business and so forth. They will, typically, report to a Board of Directors though don't necessarily need to be/are directors themselves.

The timing of this change is interesting and in reality could mean any number of things e.g. that Blake is on the way out; that a new investor(s) are coming in therefore there's the start of a structural change; there could be conflict at Board level (against the club/shareholders/ stakeholders) which has brought about the change; there could be a concern about issues concerning the CEO/their performance and the impact on/could damage the business/club (though this would likely trigger a different approach); it could be an issue around Board dominance or operating on a self-interest basis...or simply that the shareholder(s) want to bring about a change to the structure, constituents or the expertise of the Board.

Regarding the position of a CEO, they are responsible for managing a business, maximising the value of that business and so forth. They will, typically, report to a Board of Directors though don't necessarily need to be/are directors themselves.

The timing of this change is interesting and in reality could mean any number of things e.g. that Blake is on the way out; that a new investor(s) are coming in therefore there's the start of a structural change; there could be conflict at Board level (against the club/shareholders/ stakeholders) which has brought about the change; there could be a concern about issues concerning the CEO/their performance and the impact on/could damage the business/club (though this would likely trigger a different approach); it could be an issue around Board dominance or operating on a self-interest basis...or simply that the shareholder(s) want to bring about a change to the structure, constituents or the expertise of the Board.

I think you've covered every possibility there!

Unlikely to be about not having to publish his pay then you think?

;