Neto

Bloody amazing innit.. Boscombe concede 60 goals over the season.....the defence that protects Neto make circa four times as many mistakes as him that 'afcb' fans can observe.
...yet they call for Travers to come in and make a difference....rather than address the problem with the 'defenders' !
Bizarre set of fans... but of course they are idiot 'afcb' fans in the main ..and not 'Boscombe' !

Bloody amazing innit.. Boscombe concede 60 goals over the season.....the defence that protects Neto make circa four times as many mistakes as him that 'afcb' fans can observe.
...yet they call for Travers to come in and make a difference....rather than address the problem with the 'defenders' !
Bizarre set of fans... but of course they are idiot 'afcb' fans in the main ..and not 'Boscombe' !
Welcome back Brian !!!
:punch:“The plastics”

Ah, I see. But that wasn't what I was suggesting. I wrote that the stats seemed to suggest that Neto was a better keeper than Ederson or Allison, which I think is doubtful. But if it's true I wondered why he isn't first choice keeper for one of the big clubs (or Chelsea)? Or why there are no rumours that bigger clubs are interested in signing him - he's only valued at £2.5m, pocket change for Man U. He's not a young pl;ayer with potential to improve like the ones you quoted, quite the opposite in fact, and, unlike Travers, he's had the advantage of having better defenders in front of him this season.
And I still don't know why you don't think Travers should be given a chance. For me, he's at least as good as Neto and has got the kind of potential Ake, Zabarnyi and Solanke have.
Such a daft argument.
Solanke is outscoring 90% of the league why isn't he playing for a top team? Cook and Christie are breaking up play like no other midfield pairing, why are they playing for us? I've said previously that Neto has played solid seasons for great teams but finds himself second fiddle right at the top.

If Travers was as good as Neto we wouldn't have hired Neto and sent him out on loan.

Three out of three top flight managers disagree with you.

If you think a player who has struggled in the Championship is anywhere near the quality of Ake, Zabarnyi or Solanke you need to have a sit down.

By having a dig at anyone who suggests Travers should be given a chance.
Show me where I’ve had a dig. I pointed out that Neto being at AFCB isn’t necessarily a reflection on his ability as you seemed to be saying.

This is a tiresome argument which you’re refusing to understand the point I’m making. But for clarity I’d be just as happy for Travers to be given an extended run in goal. And that would also make @Topfarrier delirious ;-)

Such a daft argument.
Solanke is outscoring 90% of the league why isn't he playing for a top team? Cook and Christie are breaking up play like no other midfield pairing, why are they playing for us? I've said previously that Neto has played solid seasons for great teams but finds himself second fiddle right at the top.

If Travers was as good as Neto we wouldn't have hired Neto and sent him out on loan.

If you think a player who has struggled in the Championship is anywhere near the quality of Ake, Zabarnyi or Solanke you need to have a sit down.
Who struggled in the Championship?.....you can't mean Travers....Stoke fans were very happy with him.....unless you saw something in those games they didn't......did you watch any?
He was also outstanding for us in the Championship despite what any stat table tells you......

Such a daft argument.

Why isn't Solanke playing for a top team? Maybe because this is the first season he's managed double figures in the PL. I hope not, but maybe next season we might find he is playing for a top 6 team. Who knows, it might even be us.
Christie? Dear oh dear, that's desperate. He was a bottom half of the table/SPL winger who couldn't shoot until AI shifted him into midfield and paired him with Cook. I know the top 6 have a lot of power but they can't just buy whoever they want whenever they want.
Who are the 3 top flight managers who don't rate Travers? Parker started the season with him in goal so GON and AI makes 2 and AI has just played him and as I said previously, assuming AI thinks he's good enough and gives him more game time I'd be only too happy. If he struggles and gets dropped again I'll be fine with that because at least he'll have had a chance to show what he can do. And if AI doesn't play him again this season I'll be fine with that too because I trust AI's judgement a sight more than I trust your columns of figures.

I didn't initially compare him to Ake etc. Rob Trent compared them to Neto, which is ludicrous so maybe you should tell him to have a sit down too.

Other than that I think your post was spot on.

Why isn't Solanke playing for a top team? Maybe because this is the first season he's managed double figures in the PL. I hope not, but maybe next season we might find he is playing for a top 6 team. Who knows, it might even be us.
Christie? Dear oh dear, that's desperate. He was a bottom half of the table/SPL winger who couldn't shoot until AI shifted him into midfield and paired him with Cook. I know the top 6 have a lot of power but they can't just buy whoever they want whenever they want.
Who are the 3 top flight managers who don't rate Travers? Parker started the season with him in goal so GON and AI makes 2 and AI has just played him and as I said previously, assuming AI thinks he's good enough and gives him more game time I'd be only too happy. If he struggles and gets dropped again I'll be fine with that because at least he'll have had a chance to show what he can do. And if AI doesn't play him again this season I'll be fine with that too because I trust AI's judgement a sight more than I trust your columns of figures.

I didn't initially compare him to Ake etc. Rob Trent compared them to Neto, which is ludicrous so maybe you should tell him to have a sit down too.

I’m already sat down thank you ;-)

And Ake was the one player I said you could see at a better club.

Other than that we’ve probably exhausted this!

Last edited:
I’m already sat down thank you ;-)

And Ake was the one player I said you could see at a better club.

Other than that we’ve probably exhausted this!
As you've sneakily edited your post since I gave you a like (very crafty, must try that myself) I'd just like to add that the reason I struggled with your argument was because I couldn't see a genuine comparison. It felt like you were saying "this apple doesn't taste very orangey". Anyway, you're right (for once;)) we've exhausted this so I bid you good day.

As you've sneakily edited your post since I gave you a like (very crafty, must try that myself) I'd just like to add that the reason I struggled with your argument was because I couldn't see a genuine comparison. It felt like you were saying "this apple doesn't taste very orangey". Anyway, you're right (for once;)) we've exhausted this so I bid you good day.
I've not edited any post.

Oh no, we're not starting again, are we? Your post 1,030 currently says last edited 54 minutes ago. Originally you just said you were sat down.

Anyway, I was just joking so don't worry.

Oh no, we're not starting again, are we? Your post 1,030 currently says last edited 54 minutes ago. Originally you just said you were sat down.

Anyway, I was just joking so don't worry.
You're absolutely right, my apologies! I thought you meant I'd edited an earlier post to change a point.

ps. You can 'unlike'. ;-)

"they can't just buy whoever they want whenever they want" - that's sort my point when you asked why they haven't bought Neto.

Fair point about Parker I forgot Travers was in goal for the first 4 games in which we conceded 18 goals.

He's had short spells in the side but never really covered himself in glory but I guess giving him another go, other than signalling we're on the beach will confirm he's not worth holding on to.

Who struggled in the Championship?.....you can't mean Travers....Stoke fans were very happy with him.....unless you saw something in those games they didn't......did you watch any?
He was also outstanding for us in the Championship despite what any stat table tells you......
Did you see who he replaced?

;